BECOME A JOB SEEKER MEMBER FOR JUST $99!
Find your passion and discover What’s Next for your career + life with Après. Get exclusive access to the Après Job Market with flexible, full-time and return-to-work opportunities curated from companies that respect career breaks or allow flexibility.Get Started
Already a member? Sign in.
VIEW TWO OF OUR
- Chicago, IL
- Finance - General
- San Antonio, TX
- full-time, remote
Responsible for providing legal services to Major League Baseball regarding employment law matters, including FLSA and applicable local wage-and-hour issues, internal investigations regarding conduct and violations of MLB policy, work visa issues, benefit plan (retirement, medical, dental, etc.) issues, and talent on-boarding and off-boarding issues.
- Ability to provide advice and counsel on all human resources issues affecting all central MLB offices, including in the areas of employee relations/performance management, compensation, organizational effectiveness and design, diversity and inclusion, and talent acquisition
- Work with outside counsel to facilitate external litigations and administrative charges
- Assist with matters concerning the MLB-administered retirement plans and health and welfare plans, as well as the Major League Player Benefit Plan which is jointly administered with the MLBPA
- Assist with employment agreements, independent contractor agreements, separation agreements, etc.
- Assist with any assigned projects that involve human resources matters
- Perform related duties as required
- College and law school degrees required
- Member of the Bar of the State of New York (or ability to practice in the state of New York)
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant law firm experience
- Relevant employment law counseling experience
- Baseball industry experience is not required, but baseball knowledge is a plus
About Major League Baseball
The current era of Major League Baseball includes an extraordinary group of young players and a focus on worldwide growth, fan engagement, innovation and accessibility to our sport.