Table of Contents
- Information Practices
- Collection of Information – Members
- Collection of Information – Visitors
- Collection of Automated Information
- Use of Information
- Resume Database
- E-mail Communications
- Public Areas
- Privacy of Children
- Your Opportunity to Opt-out of E-mail Advertising
- Contacting the Company or Modifying Your Person al Information
Collection of Information – Members
Citizens of the United States residing in the United States may apply for membership to the Site and use certain membership services offered through the Site. If you want to be a member of the Site, you may be required to voluntarily provide your name, address, phone number, e-mail address, educational information, prior employment information and/or other personally identifiable information (“Member Information”). If you sign up for certain services through the Site, then we may also collect certain financial information or sensitive information such as credit card information, bank account information, current employment information, and income. Your membership level will determine your level of access within the Site. You may even have the opportunity to provide your resume or CV in electronic form through the Site. If you provide any personal references, please note that it is your responsibility to obtain the consent from references before providing their personal information to us. By applying for membership through the Site, you consent to our use of your Member Information as described in this Policy. You may always refuse to provide the information requested through the Site but this may limit your ability to use our services. Please DO NOT include sensitive Personal Information (such as social security numbers or bank account information) in your resume or share such information with employers, recruiters, human resources personnel and other personnel registered through the Site (“Registered Employers”).
Collection of Information – Visitors
You may be asked to voluntarily provide your name, e-mail address and/or other personally identifiable information (“Personal Information”) to have access to features of the Site. By using the Site and allowing us to access your Personal Information, you consent to our use of such information as described in this Policy. You may always refuse to provide your Personal Information, and this may lead to our inability to provide you with certain services through the Site. In this Policy, Member Information shall be included in the defined term “Personal Information.”
Collection of Automated Information
Use of Information
- Except as set forth in this Policy, we will not sell or rent your Personal Information to third parties for their marketing purposes without first giving you a chance to opt-out.
- We use Member Information and Personal Information for the following purposes: to administer your account; to process service requests; to administer and improve the Site and related services; to allow use of, or participation in, the Site and our services; to notify you of events or about our products, services, promotional events or special offers that maybe of interest to you; to provide Internet security; and to meet legal requirements.
- We use Member Information for these additional purposes: maintain a record of the jobs you view or for which you apply through the Site; inform you of relevant job openings on the Site that may be of interest to you; and for posting and sharing your resume or CV in our resume database (described in more detail below).
- Personal Information may be shared with our employees, our affiliated companies, Registered Employers and coaches registered with the Site (“Registered Coaches”) for the purposes set forth above.
- We may work with other businesses that may perform certain functions on our behalf, including, but not limited to, managing data, processing payments, verifying information or hosting the Site. These business partners including, without limitation, Media Temple, SiteLock, Campaign Monitor and Buddypress, will be bound by terms of confidentiality and have access to your Personal Information only to the extent necessary to perform their specific functions and may not use it for any other purpose.
- If the Company is involved in the sale of a substantial portion of its business assets, Personal Information or Automated Information may be among the transferred assets.
Other than for the specific purposes set forth in this Policy, we will not disclose your Personal Information unless we obtain your prior consent or are legally required to do so.
Depending upon your membership level, you may be able to post your resume or CV in our resume database which is accessible by the Registered Employers and potentially the Registered Coaches. Please note that any privacy settings used in connection with the posting of your resume or CV only apply to whether or not your information can be viewed by third parties, not us. By posting your resume or CV with the Site, you allow our Registered Employers and Registered Coaches to access such information in our searchable database. Please note that we attempt to limit access to our searchable resume database to legitimate users but we cannot guarantee that other parties will not gain access to this database. Moreover, we cannot control the activities or retention practices of our Registered Employers or Registered Coaches who may access your Personal Information contained in your resume or CV. As a result, never include information in your resume or CV which you don’t want made public.
We may send e-mail communications to you regarding notifications related to our Site and services, as well as promotional e-mail messages. If you send an e-mail to us, you are communicating with us electronically. You thereby consent to receive communications from us electronically; however, please note that e-mail communications are not necessarily secure and confidential. For instance, it is possible that information transmitted to us via e-mail may be read or obtained by other parties. In an attempt to protect your privacy, our e-mail responses do not include personal account information. We recommend that you do not include such information in e-mail communications directed to us. We may communicate with you by postal mail, e-mail or by posting notices on the Site. All agreements, notices, disclosures and other communications that we provide to you electronically satisfy any legal requirement that such communications be in writing.
Privacy of Children
We encourage parents and guardians to be aware of and participate in their children’s online activities. We do not knowingly collect, use or disclose Personal Information from any child under the age of 13.
We retain Personal Information for as long as the information is relevant to our business purposes or until you request that we remove the data by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org or write to us at: Après, LLC, Attention: Jennifer Gefsky, Co-Founder, 845 Third Avenue, New York, New York 10022.
Your Opportunity to Opt-out of E-mail Advertising
In the event you do not wish to receive promotional e-mail from us, please follow the opt-out process contained in any e-mail message you receive from us.
We have policies and procedures in place to protect the privacy and confidentiality of your Personal Information that we collect and maintain. All Personal Information is stored on secured servers in the United States, behind a firewall at a data center with access to data strictly controlled. We adhere to the Payment Security Industries Standard for storing card holder data and we use Secure Sockets Layering (SSL) to encrypt your personal financial information, including your credit card number, before it travels over the Internet. Access to your Personal Information is restricted to those employees or business partners who need to know that information as part of their job, to service your account or to provide products and services to you. Data protection laws in the United States may not be the same as those in other jurisdictions. If we transfer personally identifiable information outside of your jurisdiction, we will take steps to continue to protect your privacy. Any unauthorized use of the Site may result in criminal and/or civil prosecution.
Contacting the Company or Modifying Your Person al Information
If you have any questions or comments about this Policy or wish to update your Personal Information provided to us, please contact us by e-mail at email@example.com, or write to us at: Après, LLC, Attention: Jennifer Gefsky, Co-Founder, 845 Third Avenue, New York, New York 10022. Please provide a concise communication with complete information, including your contact information.