Culture For One is seeking an Administrative Assistant to provide effective support to its Executive Director. Candidates must have at least one year of office experience, and strong organization and communication skills.
- Work directly with the Executive Director on daily and ongoing needs
- Assist with major donor and supporter communications
- Assist with meeting scheduling
- Help to manage and track expenses for the Executive Director
- Help resolve operational and technical challenges, both daily and long term
- Assist with digital and paper organization; maintain filing systems and ensure that office supplies and organizational materials are fully stocked
- Assist with fundraising: event planning and implementation
- Assist with other special projects as needed
- Candidates must have at least one year of full-time professional office experience with responsibilities directly related to administrative and assistant-level work.
- Excellent organization, follow-through and professionalism required
- Strong business writing skills, including solid grammar, punctuation, and proofreading abilities
- Ability to manage multiple projects/tasks simultaneously and work well under pressure
- Ability to take initiative, anticipate problems and formulate resolutions
- Excellent organizational, communication, and computer skills.
- Proficiency with the Microsoft Office suite, particularly Word and Excel.
- Ability to navigate and use cloud-based shared filing systems.
- Ability to troubleshoot daily Microsoft, Mac- and Apple-related glitches that do not rise to the level of an IT call
- Experience working in a nonprofit environment a plus
If you are interested in this position, please send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that only candidates selected for consideration will be contacted. All applicants must be eligible to work in the United States.
ABOUT CULTURE FOR ONE
Culture For One’s mission is to use the arts as a vehicle to provide greater opportunities to New York City youth living in foster care. Our purpose is to enrich the lives of these children and improve their futures. We do this through excursions to cultural events, art scholarships, workshops, career connections, and creative projects, as well as individual encouragement and support. Find out more about us at Cultureforone.org.