The Human Resources & Recruiting Consultant will be a part-time professional who will assist with and be highly impactful in the human resources and recruiting process for a rapidly growing private equity firm.
The candidate will work directly with the firm’s executive management to assist on specific assignments and be expected to take a leadership role and operate autonomously. This role can grow commensurate with the consultant’s ability to take on additional related assignments.
This is a unique opportunity to have a very flexible, part-time work situation and be part of a lean private equity firm entering its next stage of growth. It is expected that a material portion, but not all, of the consultant’s work will be completed from a location of his or her choosing.
- Develop and execute recruiting plans to attract, hire and retain top tier candidates
- Identify, recruit and screen quality candidates for the firm and/or select portfolio company roles
- Post open positions and manage / organize candidate resumes
- Conduct initial phone and in-person interviews of candidates
- Schedule interviews with candidates and firm executives; coordinate status updates and follow-ups
- Create and maintain a candidate database – develop pools of quality candidates in advance of need
- Use certain professional networking and other online career and job forums to identify potential candidates
- Interact with a select group of contacts at select business schools
- Identify new recruiting avenues and strategies
- Network and build relationships across the industry; leverage relationships to source and attract candidates
- Create and maintain job overviews and position descriptions
- Conduct and coordinate background checks and reference checks
- Prepare internal summaries, memoranda and update presentations as necessary and requested
- Assist, as required, with other Human Resource and related matters (benefits, 401(k), policies & procedures, other ad hoc duties, etc.)
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- Knowledge and familiarity with all applicable employment laws and regulations
- Experience recruiting financial professionals at an investment bank, commercial bank, insurance company, private equity and/or hedge fund firm, consulting firm, accounting firm or related business
- Minimum of two (2) years of successful previous employment in financial services, including in one or more of the following types of positions: investment banking, private equity, hedge fund, credit investing, top tier consulting firm, accounting firm
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, written and oral communication skills
- Must be high energy, act with a sense of urgency and have an innate desire to perform at the highest level
- Results-oriented, a team player and a self-starter able to operate independently with limited guidance and supervision
- Unwavering maturity, integrity, honesty, respect and ability to maintain strict confidentiality
To apply, please send your resume via email to DanP@thayerstreet.com.
Each week we feature one job we love. To view all of our jobs, please become a job seeker member! Details here.
Après is a career resource for women returning to work after a break or transitioning within the workforce. Reconnect with your professional self — search jobs, get inspired, find resources, and refresh your skills. Join our community of women helping women.