We are a family owned, rapidly growing tax preparation and accounting firm looking for a talented Tax Preparer / Accountant.
The job is to prepare tax returns and manage client relationships – so while tax season (Feb-April) is tremendously busy, we are amazingly flexible the rest of the year.
We are a small team – many of our team are working parents, so we get it – and we are comfortable offering flexible hours, working from home / remote, etc. We value work-life balance and realize that to balance out busy tax seasons, we need to work less during the rest of the year. The most important thing is getting the work done and taking care of the clients; this can happen at hours that work for each of our team members and can often be done from home.
To apply please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, and in your email, tell us why you’d be a great fit for a small team like ours.
Duties will include:
· Preparing tax returns for small business and individual clients
· Managing relationships with clients during tax season and beyond, including preparing estimated tax vouchers
· Strategizing with clients about efficient ways to structure their entities
· Set up and training of QuickBooks for clients
· Assistance with other team projects as needed to help our clients and keep our office running smoothly
· Keeping up with changes in tax law and regulations
· Client-focused team player
· Heart of a teacher in terms of being able to explain confusing tax concepts clearly to clients
· Absolutely meticulous attention to detail
· CPA license (or working toward it) or EA license
· Tax experience
Nice to haves:
· Bookkeeping experience (especially in QuickBooks)
· Database experience
· Experience working in a small firm environment a plus
About Egan Tax & Books Ltd
Other things to know about us:
· We work very hard during tax season but have amazing work-life balance after April 15 – remote work is a possibility and we have a generous time off policy
· We’re looking for someone who is ready to become a member of our team – in a small office, we all take out the garbage and make the coffee
· We all work with clients every single day – there is no “back office” in our firm. Be ready to interact with clients daily
MORE JOBS LIKE THIS
- New York, NY
- Full Time
- Philadelphia, PA
- Client Support, Fundraising
- Full Time
- Detroit, MI
- Full Time