Zurich is currently hiring for an experienced Senior Underwriter to join the Chicagoland team in our Technology Industry Practice!
Middle Markets is a key business segment within Zurich and we are focused on attracting top customer advocates who possess a sales mindset, strong technical underwriting skills and solution focused problem solving abilities. Our industry focus includes (not limited to) General Industries, Manufacturing, Technology, and Real Estate. Zurich Middle Markets offers end to end solutions for our customers inclusive of international programs. As a Senior Technology Underwriter you will handle complex new and renewal Middle Markets business and serve as a Subject Matter Expert for the Technology practice. As a member of Zurich’s Underwriting Team, you will enjoy the opportunity to fully apply and hone your underwriting and marketing skills while building relationships with our Preferred Distribution Partners within Chicagoland region. This is an exciting time to join Middle Markets at Zurich!
- Serving as a customer industry advocate with a focus on improving the customer experience by understanding their risk and offering the best end to end solution for their insurance needs.
- Using a disciplined approach to exposure evaluation, risk assessment and pricing
- Using risk insights, data and models to drive informed decisions at point of sale
- Identifying gaps involves and aligning Zurich’s products and value proposition to offer a solution that provides the contract certainty the customer needs
- Demonstrating strong analytical skills and executing as an innovative advisor
- Underwriting, analyzing and generating new and renewal business
- Market facing and production within the growing Middle Markets division
- Administering and monitoring underwriting rules and guidelines, insurance laws and regulations and rating manual rules
- Developing and maintaining agency and broker relationships
- Working within broad limits and authorities on highly complex assignments
Senior Underwriter (Level III) Basic Qualifications:
- High School Diploma or Equivalent and 5 or more years of experience in the Underwriting or Market Facing area OR
- High School Diploma or Equivalent and 10 or more years of experience in the Claims or Underwriting Support area OR
- Zurich Certified Insurance Apprentice including an Associate Degree and 3 or more years of experience in the Underwriting or Market Facing area OR
- Zurich Certified Insurance Apprentice including an Associate Degree and 8 or more years of experience in the Claims or Underwriting Support area
AVP, Senior Underwriter (Level IV) Basic Qualifications:
- High School Diploma or Equivalent and 7 or more years of experience in the Underwriting or Market Facing area OR
- High School Diploma or Equivalent and 14 or more years of experience in the Claims or Underwriting Support area OR
- Zurich Certified Insurance Apprentice including an Associate Degree and 5 or more years of experience in the Underwriting or Market Facing area OR
- Zurich Certified Insurance Apprentice including an Associate Degree and 12 or more years of experience in the Claims or Underwriting Support area
Preferred Qualifications Level III & IV:
- Cyber and E&O experience preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Knowledge of Middle Markets Property and Casualty Underwriting
- Existing broker relationships in Chicagoland region
- Strong negotiation skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong relationship building, active listening, needs analysis, and win-win negotiating skills Demonstrates presentation skills and a solutions and service orientation
- Knowledge of underwriting philosophy, techniques, national/local filing regulations and guidelines
Now is the time to move forward and make a difference. At Zurich, we want you to share your unique perspectives, experiences and ideas so we can grow and drive sustainable change together. As part of a leading global organization, Zurich North America has over 148 years of experience managing risk and supporting resilience. Today, Zurich North America is a leading provider of commercial property-casualty insurance solutions and a wide range of risk management products and services for businesses and individuals. We serve more than 25 industries, from agriculture to technology, and we insure 90% of the Fortune 500®. Our growth strategy is not limited to our business. As an employer, we strive to provide ongoing career development opportunities, and we foster an environment where voices are diverse, behaviors are inclusive, actions drive equity, and our people feel a sense of belonging. Be a part of the next evolution of the insurance industry. Join us in building a brighter future for our colleagues, our customers and the communities we serve. Zurich maintains a comprehensive employee benefits package for employees as well as eligible dependents and competitive compensation. Please click here to learn more.
As a global company, Zurich recognizes the diversity of our workforce as an asset. We recruit talented people from a variety of backgrounds with unique perspectives that are truly welcome here. Taken together, diversity and inclusion bring us closer to our common goal: exceeding our customers’ expectations. Zurich does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender expression, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or any other legally protected status. EOE disability/vet