NRDC is seeking a Senior Portfolio Manager to work with the Foundation Relations team in our San Francisco office. The Senior Portfolio Manager manages relationships with a portfolio of current and prospective donors, working strategically and collaboratively to help meet institutional fundraising goals. The Senior PM works closely with foundation program officers, NRDC experts, Development leadership, grant writers, and others to develop strong approaches to funding opportunities. The Senior PM is a key part of the Foundation Relations team within the Development Department and is expected to be a resource for colleagues.
Relationship manager for a portfolio of foundation donors
- Developing fundraising strategy for proposals and reports
- Responding in a timely manner and meeting all deadlines
- Providing regular updates to the program officer(s)
- Identifying expanded opportunities for engagement
- Staying current on foundation news, priorities and informing key staff as needed
- Liaison between program/department staff and the donor
Advising on managing the relationships with program officers
- Keeping NRDC staff focused on institutional priorities and needs
- Participating in program/department retreats and working groups
- Looking for opportunities for growing funding and promoting institutional collaboration
- Working collaboratively to develop projects and limit target increases
- Holding grant kick-off meetings for awarded grants
- Work closely with grant writers and operational staff to manage proposals, reports, grant budgets and awarded grants
- Development team member
Serving as a resource for colleagues
- Maintaining clear, timely records
- Sharing ideas
- Setting clear goals and providing regular updates towards meeting goals
- Bachelor’s degree required, master’s degree preferred
- 8+ years’ experience in raising funds from foundations
- Strong analytical skills and ability to develop fundraising strategies working in conjunction with program experts and Development leadership
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to maintain enduring relationships with foundation program officers and coworkers
- Superior writing skills and demonstrated ability to develop proposals, reports and other materials, including budgets and financial reports
- Organizational skills; ability to prioritize, delegate, and simultaneously oversee multiple streams of work to meet overlapping deadlines
- Detail oriented with high standards of excellence
- Knowledge of environmental issues and environmental foundations preferred
- Experience with Salesforce a plus
NRDC is committed to workplace diversity and inclusion. We are equal opportunity employers and do not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity and expression, marital status, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. We offer competitive salaries, excellent benefits, and a pleasant working environment. Salary is based on a nonprofit scale and commensurate with experience. Consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
To apply, please visit www.nrdc.org/careers and upload your resume and cover letter through our online portal. We would like you to upload any additional papers or project work that you think would showcase your abilities. Due to the high volume of resumes, only qualified candidates will be contacted. Please no phone calls, emails, faxes or in-person resume drop-offs. Please reference where you saw this posting. NRDC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
If you are having technical difficulty while applying, please reach out to iCIMS Customer Care by dialing 1-800-889-4422.
The Natural Resources Defense Council (NRDC) is the nation’s most effective environmental action organization. We use law, science and the support of 3.1 million members and online activists to protect the planet’s wildlife and wild places and to ensure a safe and healthy environment for all living things. NRDC was founded in 1970 and our staff helped write some of America’s bedrock environmental laws, including the Clean Water Act, and many of the implementing regulations; our water enforcement cases played a major role shaping current water policy throughout the country. Today, our staff of more than 500 lawyers, scientists, economists, policy and communications experts, and others, work out of offices in New York, Washington, Chicago, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Bozeman, Montana and Beijing.
MORE JOBS LIKE THIS
- Indianapolis, IN
- Full Time
- Irvine, CA
- Washington, DC
- Health Care, Science
- Full Time