Senior Attorney – ReStart Program
FHLB Dallas actively pursues dedicated and hardworking individuals to be a part of our professional team. Positions are offered on an as-needed basis for all departments. View our current opportunities by clicking the View Open Positions tab above.
Our ReStart program is designed for women interested in returning to the workforce after taking a 2 or more year break. The ReStart program provides you with the opportunity to receive mentoring and training to learn new technologies and the latest developments in your chosen field, enabling you to smoothly reintegrate into the workforce while experiencing both personal and professional growth opportunities.
Under the direction of the General Counsel, provides legal advice to the Bank’s business units with emphasis on contracts and transactional matters to support Bank operations while minimizing legal and regulatory risk.
- Drafts, reviews, and negotiates vendor contracts and other legal documents on behalf of the Bank.
- Provides guidance and advice to the Bank’s business units on legal and regulatory issues related to proposed contracts and vendor relationships.
- Coordinates the Bank’s contract review process.
- Responds to inquiries related to the Bank’s existing and proposed contracts.
- Assists with matters of legal and regulatory interpretation, as well as review and revision of relevant Bank policies and procedures as needed.
- Assumes additional responsibilities as assigned by the General Counsel. Assists other Legal Department attorneys upon request.
- Law degree from an accredited law school; member in good standing of a state bar, Texas license preferred.
- Minimum of three years of legal experience with a corporate legal department, law firm or regulator.
- Significant experience with contracts and transactional documentation preferred.
- Knowledge in one or more of the following areas would be a plus: data privacy, financial services, bank regulation, corporate governance, or mortgage lending.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills including the ability to communicate complex legal issues clearly and effectively to non-lawyers.
- Strong client service ethic. Proven track-record building strong collegial relationships with fellow attorneys and business clients.
- Able to work effectively both independently and as a team member.
About Federal Home Loan Bank of Dallas
The Federal Home Loan Bank of Dallas (FHLB Dallas) is one of 11 Federal Home Loan Banks created by Congress in 1932. We are owned by our members, which consist of banks, credit unions, insurance companies and other financial institutions. We provide our members with low-cost funding and access to credit to support their lending activities. We support the creation of affordable housing and homeownership by offering various grant programs through our members. We are committed to excellent service and the everyday practice of our company values.