- Chicago, IL
- Finance - General
- Return to Work
- Pleasanton, CA
- Return to Work
Assist managing projects and programs that support the Lucile Packard Children’s Hospital and integration of the Information Services department. Provides leadership in the areas of financial management, human resources, communications, purchasing, inventory management, and other department support. Coordinates projects and activities. Serves as liaison to customers and other departments. Strong, positive relationships required with support departments as well as with vendors.
Employees must abide by all Joint Commission Requirements including but not limited to sensitivity to cultural diversity, patient care, patient rights and ethical treatment, safety and security of physical environments, emergency management, teamwork, respect for others, participation in ongoing education and training, communication and adherence to safety and quality programs, sustaining compliance with National Patient Safety Goals, and licensure and health screenings.
Must perform all duties and responsibilities in accordance with the hospital’s policies and procedures, including its Service Standards and its Code of Conduct.
Manages reporting and ensures company resources are utilized appropriately. Manages project schedules. Coordinates departmental project activities and ensures project phases are documented appropriately.
Manages individual projects as they arise and provides direction regarding additional areas of opportunity. Presents results and manages/facilitates individual workshops and committee meetings.
Provides leadership and expertise of the administrative processes and flow of paperwork within Lucile Packard Children’s Hospital (LPCH).
HUMAN RESOURCES & RECRUITMENT:
Provides policy and procedure expertise as requested by the Management Team. Guarantees timely submission of evaluations and paperwork associated with the smooth functioning of personnel within department. Coordinates hiring new employees, and gives initial department orientation and reviews departmental HealthStream Courses compliance.
SUPPLIES AND INVENTORY MANAGEMENT:
Oversees equipment and supplies allocation. Facilitates periodic inventory review of all equipment and prepares appropriate facility reports as requested. Tracks and presents cost management efforts to at departmental staff meetings.
Manages events such as Order set / protocol business owner sign off meetings.
Coordinates requests for support from departments such as communications, housekeeping and engineering and maintenance. Serves as the STAR representative, coordinating the installation and maintenance of data and phone communication. Works with representatives from those departments to insure that quality work is completed on a timely basis. Ensures that new hires have resources as needed at the right place at the right time.
Participates in projects as assigned and completes within requested timeframes. Performs other related work as assigned.
Any combination of education and experience that would likely provide the required knowledge, skills and abilities as well as possession of any required licenses or certifications is qualifying.
Education: High school diploma or equivalent required. Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
Experience: Two to five years of experience interacting with clients, customers and/or patients in a complex environment.
Licensure/Certification: None required.
Knowledge, Skill, and Abilities
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of hospital and clinic organization preferred.
- Excellent organizational and problem solving skills with the ability to prioritize multiple and diverse tasks.
- Possesses an ability to manage multiple changing priorities.
- Must be able to take direction and work effectively both alone and collaboratively with others.
- Demonstrated ability to independently seek out and obtain information.
- Demonstrated ability to exercise good judgment and use discretion in confidential situations.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills required.
- Able to communicate clearly and maintain professional appearance and composure with all types of individuals including faculty, management staff and others.
- Exhibits a professional approach to work including a sense of responsibility for assigned duties.
- Prepares and manages accurate file systems in a manner that is consistent with standard office practice.
- Ability to utilize critical thinking skills and time management principles in developing effective work plans to achieve goals.
- Demonstrated ability and interest in learning new software programs as required.
- Intermediate level proficiency using computer software systems including Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, PowerPoint as well as other office equipment including Meridian phone system, copiers, facsimile, etc.
- Follows safety policies and procedures. Incorporates ergonomic principles in work habits.
MORE JOBS LIKE THIS
- Multiple Locations
- Full Time, Part Time, Flexible
- Boulder, Colorado; Boston, Massachusetts; Palo Alto, California; Viginia Beach, Virginia
- Full Time
- Washington, DC
- Full Time