This role is a contract-to-hire opportunity on-site at our Austin, TX office, 30-40 hours a week.
We’re seeking an operations coordinator to work at our Austin, TX headquarters. This role reports to the purchasing manager. Initially it is a contract position requiring 30 to 40 hours a week. Hours are flexible. We expect to transition this role to a full-time, permanent position at some point in 2020.
Our operations team in Austin has grown quickly, and our internal processes have not kept up with our rapid growth. We’ve created this coordinator role to help us rigorously execute and continuously improve our processes.
This is an entry-level opportunity that can quickly progress to a mid-level position. The ideal candidate has prior full-time experience in operations roles and may be looking to reenter the workplace after an absence.
- Handle inventory transactions for receiving and processing materials and shipping finished goods
- Track cost allocation by activity (materials, labor, logistics)
- Process timesheets submitted by our hourly contractors
- Oversee expense reporting by employees on the “Expensify” platform
- Book U.S. domestic travel for our installation teams
- Assist with other recurring operations tasks as needed
Virtuix offers competitive compensation. For this position, we will tailor compensation according to your prior experience and potential to take on a permanent role.
- Related work experience at a company that builds and ships physical products
- Detail-oriented with passion for excellence in all tasks
- Strong verbal and written communicator
- Proactive in helping us boost efficiency and cut costs
Please apply to email@example.com. Include your resume and a cover email that briefly explains your interest in this position. We want to understand your reasons for applying. Tell us briefly what attracts you to this job and your career goals. (Applications that consist of a resume only, without a cover email that you write specifically to us, will not be considered.)
At Virtuix, you’ll join a talented team that is delivering to America, and the world, a new wave of location-based entertainment (LBE) that centers on active, physical gameplay and esports. You’ll have a unique chance to influence the entertainment industry and become part of our story as a venture-funded tech startup.
If the job becomes a permanent position, we offer:
- Virtuix stock options
- Health, dental, vision, and life insurance
- Open vacation policy
- Paid maternity and paternity leave
- Fully stocked kitchen
- Weekly company socials and quarterly celebrations
- Casual work environment at a fast-growing Austin tech startup
About Virtuix Inc
As a pioneer in virtual reality entertainment systems, Virtuix Inc. continues to break ground with cutting-edge VR technologies. Our latest product is Omni Arena, a multiplayer attraction that we are rapidly rolling out to entertainment centers nationwide. To learn more, watch the video below or try out Omni Arena at Dave & Buster’s in Austin!
Headquartered in Austin, Texas, Virtuix Inc. is the pioneer of the Active VR category and developer of the “Omni,” the first-of-its-kind motion platform that enables waking and running in virtual environments. With more than 3,000 Omni units shipped and over $20 million in funding to date, Virtuix is blazing the market trail for ultimate immersive gaming. If working at the forefront of tech’s convergence with entertainment excites you, then Virtuix is the place to be. For more information, please visit www.virtuix.com.
MORE JOBS LIKE THIS
- Saint Louis, MO
- Full Time
- Salt Lake City, UT
- Full Time
- Chicago, IL
- Data Analyst, Finance - General, Management, Strategic Planning, Writing & Editing
- Full Time