Zurich is looking for an Integrated Nurse to support our Northeast Team and collaborate with Claims and Staff Legal professionals to optimize medical mitigation strategies for claims resolution. This position will be a virtual opportunity in North America handling multiple jurisdictions on the east coast (NY, NJ, PA).
This role will:
- Collaborate with and act as an advocate for the Claim Professionals to optimize the medical mitigation strategy
- Use clinical expertise, judgement, and established Zurich standards of care to move claims to appropriate resolution.
- Involves diagnosis analysis, treatment plan reviews, return-to-work plan reviews and other medical management issues to aid in recovery and claims resolution.
- Juris Doctor with 5 or more years clinical experience in medical, surgical, orthopedic or neurosurgery and 1 or more years of experience in the Managed Care area
- Bachelor’s Degree with 5 or more years clinical experience in medical, surgical, orthopedic or neurosurgery, including LNCC ( Legal Nurse Consultant Certified) certification and 2 or more years of experience in the Managed Care area
- Associate’s Degree with 5 or more years clinical experience in medical, surgical, orthopedic or neurosurgery, including LNCC (Legal Nurse Consultant Certified) certification and 4 or more years of experience in the Managed Care area
- Licensed RN
- Certified Case Management (CCM), Certified Nurse Life Care Planning (CNLCP), CLCP (Certified Life Care Planner), Certified Rehabilitation Registered Nurse (CRRN), or the Certified Disability Management Specialist (CDMS)
- Knowledge of Medicare set asides
- Knowledge of research criteria for establishing standards of care
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Experience in a work environment that required professional and personal effectiveness in establishing relationships with claims partners, peers, and management
Now is the time to move forward and make a difference. At Zurich, we want you to share your unique perspectives, experiences and ideas so we can grow and drive sustainable change together. As part of a leading global organization, Zurich North America has over 148 years of experience managing risk and supporting resilience. Today, Zurich North America is a leading provider of commercial property-casualty insurance solutions and a wide range of risk management products and services for businesses and individuals. We serve more than 25 industries, from agriculture to technology, and we insure 90% of the Fortune 500®. Our growth strategy is not limited to our business. As an employer, we strive to provide ongoing career development opportunities, and we foster an environment where voices are diverse, behaviors are inclusive, actions drive equity, and our people feel a sense of belonging. Be a part of the next evolution of the insurance industry. Join us in building a brighter future for our colleagues, our customers and the communities we serve. Zurich maintains a comprehensive employee benefits package for employees as well as eligible dependents and competitive compensation. Please click here to learn more.
As a global company, Zurich recognizes the diversity of our workforce as an asset. We recruit talented people from a variety of backgrounds with unique perspectives that are truly welcome here. Taken together, diversity and inclusion bring us closer to our common goal: exceeding our customers’ expectations. Zurich does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender expression, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or any other legally protected status. EOE disability/vet