Zurich Insurance is currently looking for an Umbrella Underwriter (Level II or Senior Level III) to join our Excess Casualty Umbrella team. Our ideal candidate would sit in our Atlanta office, but we are also open to having someone based out of New York, Dallas, Houston or other Zurich offices. The ideal candidate for this position will have a Casualty background. Well-developed technical expertise and marketing skills are needed. Candidates with existing broker relationships and good working knowledge of the region would be ideal.
As a member of Zurich’s Underwriting Team, you will enjoy opportunities for career development as you hone your underwriting and sales execution skills. Specifically, you will be responsible for selecting, underwriting, pricing and growing profitable umbrella/excess business with your assigned brokers.
- Generating, underwriting and analyzing Umbrella Policies
- Market facing and production within the Large Casualty Division
- Administering and monitoring underwriting rules and guidelines, insurance laws and regulations and rating manual rules
- Developing and maintaining agency and broker relationships
- Working within broad limits and authorities on highly complex assignments
- Cross-Selling other lines of business to increase Zurich product density with the account
Basic Qualifications Level II:
- High School Diploma or Equivalent and 3 or more years of experience in the Underwriting or Market Facing area.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent and 6 or more years of experience in the Claims or Underwriting Support area
- Zurich Certified Insurance Apprentice including an Associate Degree and 1 or more years of experience in the Underwriting or Market Facing area
- Zurich Certified Insurance Apprentice including an Associate Degree and 4 or more years of experience in the Claims or Underwriting Support area
- Knowledge of line/s of business and the legal and regulatory guidelines
- Knowledge of time restraints for quotes on new and renewal business
- Experience with Microsoft Office
Basic Qualifications Sr. Level III:
- High School Diploma or Equivalent and 5 or more years of experience in the Underwriting or Market Facing area
- High School Diploma or Equivalent and 10 or more years of experience in the Claims or Underwriting Support area
- Zurich Certified Insurance Apprentice including an Associate Degree and 3 or more years of experience in the Underwriting or Market Facing area
- Zurich Certified Insurance Apprentice including an Associate Degree and 8 or more years of experience in the Claims or Underwriting Support area
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Existing broker relationships in the assigned territory
- Strong negotiation skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong relationship building, active listening, needs analysis, and win-win negotiating skills
- Demonstrates presentation skills and a solutions and service orientation
- Knowledge of underwriting philosophy, techniques, national/local filing regulations and guidelines
Now is the time to move forward and make a difference. At Zurich, we want you to share your unique perspectives, experiences and ideas so we can grow and drive sustainable change together. As part of a leading global organization, Zurich North America has over 148 years of experience managing risk and supporting resilience. Today, Zurich North America is a leading provider of commercial property-casualty insurance solutions and a wide range of risk management products and services for businesses and individuals. We serve more than 25 industries, from agriculture to technology, and we insure 90% of the Fortune 500®. Our growth strategy is not limited to our business. As an employer, we strive to provide ongoing career development opportunities, and we foster an environment where voices are diverse, behaviors are inclusive, actions drive equity, and our people feel a sense of belonging. Be a part of the next evolution of the insurance industry. Join us in building a brighter future for our colleagues, our customers and the communities we serve. Zurich maintains a comprehensive employee benefits package for employees as well as eligible dependents and competitive compensation. Please click here to learn more.
As a global company, Zurich recognizes the diversity of our workforce as an asset. We recruit talented people from a variety of backgrounds with unique perspectives that are truly welcome here. Taken together, diversity and inclusion bring us closer to our common goal: exceeding our customers’ expectations. Zurich does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender expression, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or any other legally protected status. EOE disability/vet