- Chicago, IL
- Finance - General
- Return to Work
- Pleasanton, CA
- Return to Work
The primary role of this position is to lead and develop an elite group of network engineers / analysts for the purpose of a) planning, directing, and coordinating the design, installation, maintenance, connectivity, and security of network systems, and b) providing advanced support to the End-User Support Team in resolve end user hardware and software problems in an efficient, timely manner, and c) providing expertise to the Senior Director, Information Systems in the assessment of short and long-term technology plans and process objectives to support the entire organization (Business and Baseball), while ensuring a consistent, stable, and secure operation.
This role will report to the Senior Director, Information Systems in our Information Systems department.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Manages for all aspects of network hardware / software and related technologies (Server, Network, Storage, Telephony,
- Virtual, Software, Security, Cloud, Disaster Recovery / Business Continuity, Etc.)
- Contributes to strategies / initiatives for short-term and long-term network planning, aligned with company direction, goals, and objectives.
- Directs, motivates, develops and oversees the performance of the Network Operations team.
- Oversees the usage of network resources across the organization, including vendors and third parties Directs budgetary requirements for Capital and Expense budgets.
- Manage capital and expense projects from approvals through depreciation.
- Oversees portfolio/program/project management responsibilities.
- Delivers products/services in alignment with business needs and objectives.
- Communicates with vendors, outsourcers, and contractors to secure network products and services.
- Communicates effectively with internal clients to identify needs and evaluate alternative business solutions.
- Implements best practices for technology architecture and management.
- Contributes to stable and secure environment, incident management, product health/patching, and the asset management lifecycle..
- Provide high-level assistance for problem resolution to end user and remote operations staff.
- Evaluate new technologies for appropriate use, empowering a more useful, profitable, and efficient environment. Manages the loss prevention of all IT Equipment and Intellectual Property. Perform other duties as assigned.
Education & Experience Requirements
- A four-year university or college diploma is required. Diplomas In the field of Computer Science or Information Systems are preferred.
- A minimum of 10-12 years of network experience and 5 years of management experience in a technology based operations role.
- Knowledge of and experience planning and managing budgets in excess of 1m or more.
- CCNA / CCNP, VCP or VCAP, MCSE / MCSD, GCP, Azure, AWS Certifications while not mandatory are a plus. Knowledge of and experience with client / server networks running Microsoft Windows Server 2008/2012/2016, Professional 7/10, and Linux all in a standalone and virtual environment.
- Knowledge of the following software applications: VMWare ESX, NSX, and Horizon, Microsoft Exchange, Microsoft SQL, IIS, SharePoint, Mimecast, Airwatch, Sophos Antivirus Suite, Carbon Black, Attivo, Darktrace, ProtectWise, and the ability to learn others quickly.
- Knowledge of and experience with storage related software and hardware related to, but not limited to: File, Block, Tape Storage, iSCSI, FCoE, FC, RAID Levels, Backup and Disaster Recovery.
- Knowledge of and experience with LAN, WAN, and WLAN technologies, specifically including: Spanning Tree, OSPF, BGP, WAN Acceleration, DNS, SNMPv1/2/3, Firewalls, VPN, VoIP, Wireless Systems, and redundant, and multi-site connectivity.
- Knowledge of and experience with authentication and encryption technologies including, but not limited to, 802.1X, Radius, Kerberos, NTML, PKI, IPsec.
- Knowledge of and experience implementing and deploying PaaS, SaaS, and IaaS cloud technologies (IE: Box, Mimecast, Okta, Airwatch, and others.)
- Knowledge of and experience with virtual environments running VMware and Microsoft software and components.
- Knowledge of and experience with VoIP, Conference, and Call Center technologies.
- Knowledge of and experience with software / hardware licensing and servicing agreements.
- Knowledge of and experience in managing environmental equipment related to, but not limited to electrical, cooling, space, and cabling.
- Knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws.
- Knowledge of ITSM & ITIL and industry best practices for IT Service Delivery.
- Knowledge of Compliances: HIPAA, PCI, SOC 2
- Self-motivated and eager to learn new skills as business needs dictates.
- Strong analytical, problem solving, attention to detail, troubleshooting, and decision-making skills.
- Strong communicator, collaborator and negotiator.
- Strong leadership and organizational skills and demonstrated ability to build effective internal and external relationships. Strong analytical, creative, and abstract problem solving.
- Proven ability to develop short and long term strategy as it related to the business and trends in IT.
- Game-day duties as dictated by job responsibilities and workload.
- Required to work 100% of all jewel events (Opening Day, Post Season, Etc.) Required to work irregular hours and long shifts as the business dictates.
- Required to travel up to 15% (Domestic and International) to various organizational sites.
- Occasional physical activity such as stooping, kneeling, crouching, climbing and working from ladders.
- Reads, speaks, comprehends and communicates English effectively in all communications.
- Represents the Cleveland Indians in a positive fashion to all business partners and the general public.
- Ability to develop and maintain successful working relationship with members of the Front Office.
- Ability to act according to the organizational values and service excellence at all times.
- Ability to work with multicultural populations and have a commitment to fairness and equality.
- Ability to walk, sit or stand for an entire shift.
- Ability to work extended days and hours, including holidays and weekends.
- Ability to move throughout all areas and levels of the Ballpark.
- Ability to work in a diverse and changing environment.
- Occasional physical activity such as lifting and carrying boxes up to 55lbs.
About Cleveland Indians
The Indians are looking for service minded teammates, who are committed to working together to help us create amazing memories for fans, each other and all visitors to Progressive Field.
MORE JOBS LIKE THIS
- New York, NY
- Human Resources
- Full Time
- Full Time, Flexible
- Philadelphia Area
- Part Time, Return to Work