- Chicago, IL
- Finance - General
- Return to Work
- Pleasanton, CA
- Return to Work
The Commercial Banking Shared Services Legal team is seeking an attorney with experience in commercial or real estate lending transactions to support the Commercial Banking regulatory, marketing, finance, and loan operations teams that provide services to various business units of JPMorgan Chase Bank, N.A., a subsidiary of JPMorgan Chase & Co. The position will be based in Plano, Texas or Chicago, Illinois.
The Shared Services Legal team provides strategic and transactional legal advice on firm wide initiatives, business objectives, and the bank’s customer relationships. Key responsibilities include identifying and mitigating risk in connection with loan servicing functions, and evaluating and assessing the impact of laws, rules and regulatory developments on the Commercial Banking business, in each case with significant cross-functional and cross-business collaboration, including across the firm wide Legal team.
- Providing immediate day to day legal advice to senior leaders within the Legal department and internal client teams
- Counseling loan operations staff at all levels on interpreting loan documentation, booking and servicing of loans, and reviewing related forms, policies, procedures and job aids
- Analyzing laws/regulations and developments to evaluate impact on various business units
- Collaborating with business, risk, compliance and controls partners to issue spot and identify and escalate risks (legal, reputational or otherwise) and implement policy, process and procedural changes to comply with bank policy and changing laws/regulations
- Participating on cross-line of business projects on a variety of subjects
- Acting as subject matter expert on certain laws and regulations
- Coordinating appropriate legal training for internal client teams
- Collaborating and coordinating with the legal contacts for various business units across the firmwide legal team to drive consistency and collaboration
- Juris Doctor degree with at least 5+ years of relevant legal experience in commercial or real estate lending transactions at a law firm and/or in-house legal department at a large bank, regulator or other financial services company is strongly preferred
- JD or educational equivalent required. Attorney candidates must be in compliance with all relevant licensing requirements including those of the jurisdiction where the role will be located prior to commencement of employment
- The strategic vision to anticipate legal issues in different businesses
- The ability to lead and drive teams to institute change and collaboration across a variety of functional areas
- The ability to prioritize work, manage a large number of issues at one time, and interact with senior management
- Knowledge of financial services laws and regulations is a plus
- Excellent research, writing and oral communication skills, with demonstrated ability to listen and drive results in a team setting
- Effective and efficient problem solver; strong organizational skills
- Self-starter; ability to deliver high-quality results under tight deadlines
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to interact effectively with clients and colleagues
- Demonstrated problem solving and project management skills
- All candidates for roles in the Legal department must successfully complete a conflicts of interest clearance review prior to commencement of employment
Email email@example.com to let us know you have applied for this opportunity—we are your foot in the door!
About JPMorgan Chase
JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.6 trillion and operations worldwide. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers, small business and commercial banking, financial transaction processing, and asset management. The Legal Department of JPMorgan Chase & Co. is responsible for the provision of legal services to the corporation and is organized by practice groups that generally align with the organization of the firm’s lines of business and corporate staff areas. This structure encourages legal teams and businesses to discuss legal, regulatory, and business developments effectively and in a timely manner.
Commercial Banking, one of the JPMorgan Chase & Co. businesses, delivers extensive industry knowledge, local expertise and dedicated service to more than 24,000 clients, including corporations, municipalities, financial institutions, and not-for-profit organizations with annual revenue generally ranging from $20 million to $2 billion and nearly 35,000 real estate investors/owners. Commercial Banking offers a comprehensive set of financial products and services including credit, equipment finance, real estate finance, and treasury services, and provides clients with access to the investment banking services of J.P. Morgan.
MORE JOBS LIKE THIS
- Orlando, FL
- Part Time, Return to Work
- San Francisco Area
- Human Resources
- Full Time, Project Based/Temp
- New York, NY
- Full Time