BECOME A JOB SEEKER MEMBER FOR JUST $99!
Find your passion and discover What’s Next for your career + life with Après. Get exclusive access to the Après Job Market with flexible, full-time and return-to-work opportunities curated from companies that respect career breaks or allow flexibility.Get Started
Already a member? Sign in.
VIEW TWO OF OUR
- Chicago, IL
- Finance - General
- San Antonio, TX
- full-time, remote
Leveraging our leading market structure and exchanges research () as well as reputation and relationships in those areas, Rosenblatt Securities launched and then has been growing a fin tech investment banking unit over the past decade (). We believe we are now ready to replicate that success in the broader technology, media and telecom (TMT) sector. We have built a TMT fundamental research effort () that includes six senior research analysts and have become respected domain experts in TMT so we believe the timing is right to expand our TMT efforts into banking. The domain expertise and relationships we have already built with public and private companies in the TMT space should be value-added to any banking effort on both the private and public capital raise fronts as well as M&A advisory.
We are interested in identifying and hiring a professional with domain expertise in the TMT industry, with strong C-suite relationships at public and private companies, proven origination ability and a solid track record of quality deal execution in the TMT space who can launch and lead this effort. The ideal candidate should be passionate about establishing a world class TMT investment banking practice. Primary activities will include advising on the strategic direction of the unit; business development; presentations internally to review committees and externally to the senior management and boards of directors; acting as the lead professional on pitches and engagements; managing as well as executing the day-to-day tasks of engagements and pitches and serving as a principal contact with client personnel; identifying potential additional hires and directing their efforts; preparing deal-specific collateral; negotiating client engagements and deal documents; networking with prospects to build revenue-producing relationships; identifying capital markets opportunities; and driving business development events and initiatives, in addition to closely following firms covered by Rosenblatt’s TMT-research team. The position will report into the President of Rosenblatt Securities. The environment at Rosenblatt is collegial and entrepreneurial and, as such, rewards employees with substantial responsibility. Teamwork is essential to the firm’s success. At the same time, creativity and new ideas are encouraged.
● The ideal candidate is a creative, innovative team player. It is critical that the candidate be able to relate well to clients and develop good working relationships. It is also important that this person display maturity, good judgment and an ability to work with professionals at all levels inside Rosenblatt. Strong analytical, technical problem solving, planning and organizational skills are a must. These abilities must be evident on an individual level and as this person directs other project members
● The candidate will be passionate about growing Rosenblatt’s Investment Banking effort and be willing to take on challenges outside of their comfort zone
● It is expected that the hire will demonstrate leadership qualities that are team-oriented and collegial. The ability to delegate effectively and pay attention to detail while maintaining a high level of productivity will be important
● The hire must have strong interpersonal skills and be able to communicate effectively in presentations; expressing complex financial concepts or strategies in an organized and articulate manner
● Willingness and desire to accept constructive criticism and continuously improve
● Unimpeachable personal integrity, including but not limited to a commitment to comply with all rules and regulations governing the firm’s business and relationships
Rosenblatt offers a competitive compensation and benefits package. To apply for this position, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
● Currently at the Director level of seniority or higher. Minimum of 5 years of IB experience
● Solid knowledge of the TMT sector gained at an investment bank, whether bulge bracket or middle market
● Relationships in the TMT space with corporate development and finance executives
● Possess strategic and market insights which will help source and identify various banking opportunities based on a variety of economic, industry and company-specific variables
● A strong work ethic and the ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment
● Strategic and creative thinking; distinguished written and oral communications skills
● Ability to manage several projects at once and work effectively as an individual and as part of a team. Firm first mentality
● Keen attention to detail while maintaining a broad strategic advisory perspective
● Technical and functional excellence in M&A. Up to date on business valuation methodologies, as well as understanding key issues such as tax, foreign exchange, financing, and accounting variables that drive and impact transactions
● Ability to assess, negotiate and close transactions
● Broad market view and the ability to distill and communicate information in a cogent, clear and concise manner
● MBA or CFA preferred, but not required.
● Series 7, 63, and 79
About Rosenblatt Securities
Rosenblatt Securities started as an independent NYSE floor broker in 1979 with a simple goal: help clients prosper with conflict-free advice and execution services. Since then, we have adapted, expanded and diversified to become a leading agency brokerage, investment-banking and research boutique. But we remain committed to our founding principles in everything we do:
Be a trusted counterparty who safeguards clients’ anonymity while minimizing information leakage and market impact
● Access liquidity, wherever it resides, to maximize customer alpha
● Embrace any technology or venue that will improve clients’ results
● Be deeply expert, including understanding market structure nuances to offer a trading edge
● Deliver personalized, hands-on service that bulge bracket firms can’t match
At Rosenblatt Securities we strive, first and foremost, to foster a culture of integrity and independence, in which doing the right thing leads to doing well for ourselves and the firm. We believe in the Golden Rule and good karma. Like we and many other parents tell their kids, we firmly believe our reputation means everything.