We are a top tier consulting firm. Are you looking to join a highly successful practice of senior management consulting professionals? Our seasoned professionals are recognized experts in their respective fields, using their skills and experience to create measurable, better outcomes for our clients. We are looking for an adaptable, inventive, motivated, and multifaceted individual to join our team.
This position mainly supports our Financial Advisory Services (“FAS”) practice. The FAS practice applies accounting, financial, economic and data analysis expertise and experience to assist our clients address their critical issues. This position will report to our more senior staff and Managing Directors.
The preferred location of this professional is in our Chicago office. Paid relocation is not available.
Examples of our services include:
Litigation Support and Valuation
- Financial damage analysis and lost profits determination.
- Valuations of businesses, securities, intellectual property and other intangible assets.
- Corporate finance analysis.
- Expert reports and testimony.
- Assessing work performed by independent auditors.
- Financial investigations including those involving financial statement fraud, asset misappropriation and corruption.
- Assessments of complex financial transactions for compliance with generally accepted accounting principles (“GAAP”) and international financial reporting standards (“IFRS”).
- Reporting and compliance with the Sarbanes-Oxley Act, Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (“FCPA”) and federal securities laws.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know you applied so we can follow up for you.
- As a Consultant, you perform research and analyze factors affecting litigation damages or valuation including gaining an understanding of the industry or market at issue.
- You organize documents and work papers, including the preparation of supporting materials for litigation and valuation reports.
- As part of our litigation work, you review and summarize materials produced in litigation matters such as depositions and financial statements.
- You build and are responsible for the handling of large data sets.
- You also help prepare presentation materials.
- Using your meticulous attention to detail, you perform quality control reviews over your work product.
- You develop and assess projections and forecasts.
- You build financial models incorporating discounted cash flow (DCF) theory.
- You conduct industry and market research and develop market-based approaches to valuation.
- You apply statistical analysis.
- Applying your interpersonal skills, you liaise with clients and your colleagues in written and oral form.
- You assist in drafting written reports.
- A Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, economics, or mathematics.
- Coursework that developed technical, analytical and general business skills in lieu of professional work experience or internship experience.
- Well-developed analytical abilities.
- Ability to prepare or ability to learn to prepare financial models and cash flow analyses.
- A professional demeanor with advanced communication and presentation skills.
- Strong project management skills including the ability to run multiple tasks, self-prioritize and meet deadlines.
- Capacity to work well within a collaborative environment, as well as ability to work and think independently with an ambitious attitude.
- Flexibility to maintain a work schedule that varies in order to meet client needs.
- Occasional travel may be required.
- Interest in meeting new people and networking socially.
- A positive and energetic attitude, while working under pressure.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Access, Word and PowerPoint.
- Pursuit of professional certifications such as a Certified Public Accountant, Chartered Financial Analyst and Certified Valuation Analyst is viewed favorably.
This description is not designed to encompass a comprehensive listing of required activities, duties or responsibilities.
AlixPartners is a results-driven global consulting firm that specializes in helping businesses successfully address their most complex and critical challenges. www.alixpartners.com
In addition to a positive workplace, the firm offers a competitive compensation package including an excellent benefits program (health, vision, dental, disability, 401K, tuition reimbursement).
AlixPartners delivers a suite of integrated solutions and offerings to support our clients in achieving their business strategy. Our Corporate Development Office delivers a broad array of talent management solutions to help clients drive leadership and organizational success at all levels of their organization. Our practice works with both healthy and under-performing companies across a variety of urgent, high impact situations. Our seasoned professional consultants are recognized experts in their field who create measurably improved outcomes for our clients.
MORE JOBS LIKE THIS
- Pewaukee, WI
- Full Time
- Detroit, MI
- Strategic Planning
- Part Time
- Flexible / Remote
- Flexible, Part Time, Return to Work