Join Farm Credit Funding Corporation located in Jersey City, New Jersey as a Financial Reporting Associate on our Financial Management team responsible for assisting in the preparation of the System combined quarterly and annual information statement function. The qualified candidate will have 2-4 years of experience in financial reporting, public accounting or a combination of public and private experience. Experience must include financial statement preparation and analysis, preferably for a public company or audit engagements of public companies, including commercial banks. CPA is preferred but not required.
The successful candidate must be knowledgeable in generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) and be able to apply them to accounting issues faced by the Farm Credit System. The role also requires the following skills or knowledge of: combined financial reporting, financial analysis, SOX, excellent communication skills, time management and the ability to make sound business decisions. Knowledge and experience within Hyperion products a plus.
At the Funding Corporation you have the ability to be part of something special, leveraging your knowledge and skills to support agriculture.
· Assist in the preparation of the System combined quarterly and annual information statements.
· Assist in the financial analysis of System Banks/Districts relative to the Annual and Quarterly financial reporting processes.
· Assist in the Financial Management Division (FMD) internal control over financial reporting process.
· Work with the external auditors by providing assistance with their work on the annual audit, and quarterly financial statement reviews.
· Analyze and provide recommendations in reviewing and developing System accounting and financial reporting guidelines.
· Ability to manage multiple tasks and assignments simultaneously, prioritize assignments and meet deadlines.
Background & Qualifications:
· Bachelor’s degree in accounting
· Proficient in Word, Excel, PowerPoint
· Strong attention to detail
· Strong interpersonal and communication (oral and written) skills
· Demonstrated ability to work autonomously & collaboratively in a team environment
· Working knowledge of ICFR
About Federal Farm Credit Banks Funding Corporation
The Funding Corporation is jointly owned by the Farm Credit System Banks, as the Farm Credit System’s fiscal agent, the Funding Corporation is responsible for issuing and marketing debt securities to finance the System’s loans, leases and operations.
The Funding Corporation provides consulting, accounting, and financial reporting services to the System, including oversight of the System’s Data Warehouse and Financial Reporting. These services include the preparation of the System’s annual and quarterly combined financial statements. The Funding Corporation also manages the System’s investor relations program, and manages the rating agencies’ relationships.
Farm Credit supports rural communities and agriculture with reliable, consistent credit and financial services, today and tomorrow.
The Funding Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.
MORE JOBS LIKE THIS
- Louisville, KY
- Full Time, Return to Work
- New York, NY
- Full Time
- Detroit, MI
- Full Time