- Chicago, IL
- Finance - General
- Return to Work
- Pleasanton, CA
- Return to Work
At Merrill, we’re creating real, meaningful relationships with individuals across the country. We are looking for the next generation of Financial Advisors – those with a passion for growing a long-term career and a drive to make our clients’ financial lives better.
The Financial Advisor Development Program (FADP) is an industry-recognized training program for professionals who wish to build a wealth management business. The program sets you up for success by providing hands-on practice, support, and personalized coaching from dedicated performance managers, enabling you to come up-to-speed quickly as a successful Financial Advisor. New advisor mentoring has been our strength since 1946. Throughout the program, you’ll receive best-in-class training from our award-winning Academy, including dedicated support during the different stages of your training, helping you develop the critical skills and knowledge necessary for establishing a robust wealth management business—acquiring clients, developing relationships, providing tailored strategies and more.
You will also have access to the resources and full capabilities of both Merrill and Bank of America. With our tools, powerful platform, and ongoing team support, you can spend more time on what matters most to you and your clients. Our open-door, collaborative culture will give you the type of leadership support you need and the confidence that your firm is always behind you as you move through the different stages of development along the path to becoming an advisor.
This position is subject to SAFE Act registration requirements. Pursuant to the SAFE Act requirements, all employees engaged in residential loan mortgage originations must register with the federal registry system and remain in good standing. Since your position requires SAFE Act registration, you will be required to register and to submit to the required SAFE Act background check and registration process. Failure to obtain and/or maintain SAFE Act registration may result in disciplinary action up to and including termination.
As a Merrill Financial Advisor, you can look forward to
• Developing and growing your book of business by effectively sourcing prospective clients
• Helping clients pursue and meet their financial goals by recommending suitable investment products and services
• Utilizing market viewpoints, investment strategies, and model portfolios from our Chief Investment Office to efficiently scale your investment strategy while leveraging our advanced financial software to manage clients’ goals-based financial strategies
• Receiving ongoing professional development to deepen your skills and optimize your practice as the industry evolves
• Unlimited potential for financial growth starting with a base salary with bonus potential while in FADP
We’ll help you
• Get training and one-on-one coaching from FADP Performance Managers who are invested in your success
• Earn your Securities Industry Essentials (SIE), Series 7 and Series 66 licenses through dedicated support and study time
• Provide end-to-end comprehensive advice, deliver client reviews/presentations with confidence and recommend strategies to help clients achieve their financial goals and life priorities
• Become knowledgeable about core banking and investment solutions with access to firm and banking partners to meet client needs
• Learn how to confidently connect with qualified prospects and engage with them to understand their financial goals
• Build connections by tapping into a range of specialists, from banking and lending to insurance and retirement
• Continuously learn and grow, with on-going career development support and mentorship
• Achieve additional professional designations after completing FADP
We’re a culture that
• Believes diversity makes us stronger, so we can reflect, connect to and meet the diverse needs of our clients
• Provides access to a wide range of benefit programs and resources that support you and your family
• Is committed to responsible growth and supporting the communities we live in and serve
• Provides continuous training and development opportunities to help our employees achieve their career goals, whatever their background or experience
• Is invested in advancing our tools, technology, and ways of working to meet our clients’ evolving needs
- Sets and accomplishes goals, achieving whatever you put your mind to
- Is comfortable in a business development role and finds ways to build strong connections with prospective clients
- Demonstrates an ability to influence
- Has strong relationship and interpersonal skills
- Communicates clearly and confidently with clients from all walks of life
- Adheres to high professional standards and integrity
- Seeks solutions that are in the clients’ best interests
- Works well with others and collaborates productively to get things done
- Can manage complexity, prioritize tasks and execute in a fast-paced environment
- Is a quick and resourceful learner, takes initiative and can adapt to new information
- Is ready to make a career transition and to grow as a Financial Advisor
- At least 3 years of experience working in the financial service industry and/or a business development environment where goals were met or exceeded
- An established network and connections
- An ability to multi-task in a demanding environment
- Bachelor’s degree or higher
If you have questions, you can email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Be sure to email email@example.com once you have applied for this position—we are your foot in the door!
About Merrill Lynch/Bank of America
Women at Bank of America
Did you know that women comprise:
- More than 50% of our global workforce
- More than 45% of our global management team
- More than 40% of managers overall levels of our company
- 35% of our board of directors
- We have been named to the Working Mother “2019 Best Companies for Multicultural Women” list.
- We were included on the 2018 Working Mother 100 Best Companies list for the 30th consecutive year
- We received the 2019 Catalyst Award recognizing our exceptional efforts to accelerate progress for women in business
Merrill Lynch Wealth Management is a leading provider of comprehensive wealth management and investment products and services for individuals and businesses. We specialize in goals-based wealth management, including planning for retirement, education, legacy, and other life goals through investment advice and guidance. Our advisors help clients pursue the life they envision through a one-on-one relationship committed to their needs. We’re here to provide a supportive environment so you can focus on assisting your clients better and deepening relationships.
MORE JOBS LIKE THIS
- Cary, NC
- Full Time
- New York City Area
- Administrative/Executive Assistant
- Full Time
- Palo Alto, CA
- Full Time