NRDC is seeking an Executive Assistant to the President/CEO in our New York office. This position provides administrative support and manages key relationships for the President/CEO.
- Provide administrative support to the President/CEO in a variety of capacities, including telephone coverage, photocopying, mail handling, processing of letters/correspondence, monitoring/responding to email, file maintenance, and assist with completion of specially assigned projects. Be self-directed and self-motivated to schedule and plan in advance for all upcoming meetings, conference calls and other events with minimal supervision in order to fully prepare the President/CEO.
- Extensive coordinating and scheduling of meetings with staff, executives, donors, government officials. Coordination includes calendars, reserving conference rooms/ordering catering if required, setting up conference calls, and video conference calls as needed.
- Assist with the preparation of various communications such as memoranda and paperwork. Obtain and handle confidential information. Draft and edit emails/ memos for distribution for President/CEO.
- Answer, screen and direct incoming telephone calls and email to proper areas for handling.
- Coordinate President/CEO schedule and executive logistics such as managing the calendar, phone calls, public appearances, travel arrangements, filing, and other scheduling as required by the President/CEO.
- Reconcile credit card statements & track expenses for budgeting purposes in a timely manner; prepare and monitor variances of the annual budget for the office of the President/CEO.
- Coordinate select senior management and internal governing groups’ meetings and retreats, including logistical arrangements, collecting and distributing materials.
- Extensive coordination with the Development department on various projects, including donor meetings, trips and events and correspondence with donors.
- Must be professional and courteous with all internal and external visitors
- Comfortable working at a fast pace, in a proactive manner. Anticipate logistical issues on behalf of the President/CEO .
- Proven ability to maintain and preserve confidentiality.
- Perform general administrative and other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of 5-7 years of administrative experience supporting in the executive-level work environment, including the ability to achieve maximum efficiency, accuracy and professional demeanor in a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrated ability to organize and set priorities, working independently with appropriate decision-making.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality related to documents, correspondence and discussions.
- Demonstrated professional communication skills, including both oral and written communication, proofreading and editing, and minute-taking on a tight schedule.
- Demonstrated strong interpersonal skills, including a professional demeanor with employees and external constituents.
- Self-directed and self-motivated to achieve results as directed.
- Adapt to a varying work schedule as needed to complete essential work functions.
- Demonstrated proficiency in advanced Microsoft Office applications (including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) with the ability to learn other technology as needed.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities, projects and display flexibility in a fast-paced and dynamic work environment.
NRDC is committed to workplace diversity and inclusion. We are equal opportunity employers and do not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity and expression, marital status, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. We offer competitive salaries, excellent benefits, and a pleasant working environment. Salary is based on a nonprofit scale and commensurate with experience. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, for positions based in San Francisco, CA we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
If you are having technical difficulty while applying, please reach out to Customer Care by dialing 1-800-889-4422.
The Natural Resources Defense Council (NRDC) is the nation’s most effective environmental action organization. We use law, science, policy expertise, and the support of more than 3 million members and online activists to protect the planet’s wildlife and wild places and to ensure a safe and healthy environment for all living things. NRDC was founded in 1970, and our staff helped write some of America’s bedrock environmental laws, including the Clean Water Act, and many of the implementing regulations; our water enforcement cases played a major role the shaping current water policy throughout the country. Today, our staff of more than 700 lawyers, scientists, policy and communications experts, and others, work out of offices in New York; Washington, DC Chicago; Los Angeles; San Francisco; Bozeman, MT; and Beijing.
MORE JOBS LIKE THIS
- Berwyn, PA
- Full Time
- Philadelphia Area
- Part Time, Return to Work
- Irvine, CA
- Data Analyst, Health Care
- Full Time