Director of Marketing and Communications
Chief Executive Officer
Westlake Village, Open to Remote Work for the right candidate.
HOBY is a well-established, beloved and impactful youth leadership organization. We are looking for an experienced, creative, hard-working and energetic Director of Marketing and Communications to build on, expand and lead HOBY’s marketing and communications team and strategies in support of our mission, fund development and impact.
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, the Director of Marketing & Communications designs, implements and manages strategies and tactics for all digital, website, video and public relations messages and collateral to position HOBY as the recognized leader in youth leadership & service.
A major strategic priority for the organization is to develop and implement communications tools and strategies to support increased goals for fund development, student registration, and volunteer recruitment and to mobilize a critical mass of people through campaigns, magnifying the brand of HOBY, and maximizing the use of technology.
$75,000-$100,000 – Compensation commensurate with experience.
HOBY offers a comprehensive benefits package, including health insurance, vision and dental, vacation and sick time, 2 PTO days, 403(b) plans with an organizational match, life insurance, etc.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. As a member of HOBY’s Executive Staff, work with the Chief Executive Officer, Board Committees and other Executive Staff in the development of annual Marketing Plans to increase program registration, fundraising, organizational awareness campaigns and grow HOBY’s audiences.
2. Supervise the Communications Manager in the generation and publication of content, visual storytelling and multi-channel campaigns that engage and increase audience segments which lead to measurable action and larger impact.
3. Display strong media relations skills and a proven track record of pitching and placing stories and ability to leverage the media and communications networks of HOBY’s Board, Leadership Award Honorees, and alumni.
4. Ensure and monitor brand consistency and integrity across the organization and its affiliates.
5. Manage the development and dissemination of all collateral including print materials, e-newsletters, online and social marketing, video, press releases, brochures, and signage.
6. Manage media relations and strategies, including generating and distributing press releases, managing spokespeople and talking points. Develop a social media strategy to leverage engagement and identify brand ambassadors to grow HOBY’s audience, program awareness, and cultural relevance.
7. Develop creative ideas on how to leverage the more than 10,000 young people that attend a HOBY program each year across traditional and social media.
8. Follow digital insights and market research as well as track key performance indicators to provide actionable and meaningful analysis and strategic recommendations.
9. Supervise and manage HOBY’s website and content updates.
10. Manage and leverage strategic partnerships that promote HOBY’s programs and mission.
11. Develop a thought leadership content strategy to fortify HOBY’s position as the authority on youth leadership.
12. Work with the Board and the CEO on integrating HOBY’s marketing strategy and material with the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals.
· Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Public Relations, Communications or related field, or equitable professional experience in these areas.
· 7+ years developing and implementing marketing and communications strategies, with 4 + years of concentrated experience with digital marketing and/or social media
· 7+ years of team management and staff development experience, volunteer management and development a plus
· Digitally literate. Proficient with Adobe Suite, Google Suite, Dropbox, Microsoft Office, Canva, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Linkedin, Youtube, etc.
· Experience with SEO optimization, Google Analytics, Digital Advertising, ESP platforms, A/B testing, and list management and audience segmentation
· Strong analytical capability with experience in reporting, data management, and analytics.
· Superb writing/editing and verbal communication skills
· Adherence to budget and effective resource management
· Meticulous attention to detail, organized, with strong communication and project management skills
· Strong work ethic, excellent judgment, forward-thinking and highly collaborative style
· Willing to roll up your sleeves and execute. Must be hands-on.
About Hugh O'Brian Youth Leadership
A LITTLE ABOUT US:
HOBY believes in the power of young people to change the world. Our mission is to inspire and develop our global community of youth and volunteers to a lifetime of leadership, service, and innovation.
HOBY is one of the foremost leaders in youth leadership and service, with programs operated across the United States and around the world. HOBY programs inspired the next generation of leaders to tackle the world’s greatest challenges, starting today in their own schools and communities. Since 1958, over 570,000 young leaders have attended a HOBY program.
Please submit the four items below to Renae Furlow at firstname.lastname@example.org Use the subject line “Director of Marketing and Communications – [Your Name].” A thoughtful cover letter specifically for HOBY and this position
2. A digital portfolio that includes marketing, writing and design samples for print and digital mediums
3. List of three references
This position is available to be filled ASAP and applications may close prior to the deadline should we find the ideal candidate. No phone calls, please.
MORE JOBS LIKE THIS
- Dallas, TX
- Full Time
- San Francisco, CA
- Return to Work
- New York City, NY
- Full Time, Project Based/Temp