Corporate Development Director
Advanced Energy Economy (AEE) is seeking an experienced executive to join our sales and marketing team to lead corporate development among members companies, which provides a value-add service to members that contributes to member retention and up-sales with AEE, by:
1) Developing trusted relationships with commercial leaders at member companies, include business unit, corporate/business development, and product management/marketing leaders, among others;
Deeply understand their strategy as well as economic priorities to identify: a) commercial opportunities between/among member companies; b) policy/political opportunities for AEE to pursue on members’ behalf; and c) member companies’ potential connection to AEE’s campaigns and to articulate the business value of their participation.
2) Presenting the commercial opportunities to members and facilitating pursuit of opportunities, providing a business development and networking service to members.
Successful candidates must be:
· A self-starter with exceptional networking and customer acquisition skills who is a strategic and economic business thinker, and who is comfortable working with business leaders to establish relationships and close deals; and
· Able to collaborate effectively with a cross-functional team and to build effective long-term customer relationships.
Job type: Full-Time
Travel: Three annual board meetings, two conferences, two to three CEO forums, and self-organized member visits
Salary: Commensurate with experience. This position offers a base compensation with the opportunity for incentive compensation based on member retention as well as membership value growth.
Start Date: ASAP
Please submit a cover letter expressing why this position and organization interest you, as well as a current resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Advanced Energy Economy is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship status, age, disability, sex, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. We are committed to diversity in the workplace and promote a drug-free environment.
· Independent and positive can-do attitude
· Commitment to operating with a sense of urgency and a positive, winning attitude
· Excellent organizational and time management skills
· Outstanding written and verbal communication and presentation skills
· Dexterity with economics, corporate finance, and corporate strategy
· Experience working and developing trusted relationships with business leaders
· Ability to identify commercial opportunities
· Proven consultative selling and closing skills
· Decade of experience in strategic consulting or finance with a specific emphasis on covering clients in addition to
providing services and solutions
· Proficiency with Microsoft Office products
· Advanced degree (Masters or higher) in business, policy, economics, political science, or a similar discipline,
· Experience in energy, non-profit advocacy, and the clean economy are preferred
About Advanced Energy Economy
Advanced Energy Economy (AEE) is a national association of business leaders who are making the global energy system more secure, clean, and affordable. Advanced energy encompasses a broad range of products and services that constitute the best available technologies for meeting energy needs today and tomorrow. Among these are energy efficiency, demand response, energy storage, natural gas electric generation, solar, wind, hydro, nuclear, electric vehicles, biofuels and smart grid. The industry currently employs more than 3.5 million workers in the U.S. and is among the fastest growing sectors of the nation’s economy.
AEE’s vision is of a prosperous world that runs on secure, clean, affordable energy. Our mission is transforming public policy to enable rapid growth of advanced energy companies.
MORE JOBS LIKE THIS
- Saint Louis, MO
- Full Time
- Minneapolis, MN
- Finance - General, Health Care
- Full Time
- Advertising, Customer Service, Health Care, Other, Technology