Motherly—a lifestyle parenting brand redefining motherhood on behalf of a new generation of mothers—is looking for a Commerce/SHOP Editor.
This editor will introduce our audience to a whole new way to experience Motherly: as *the* trusted, stylish and shoppable authority on products for parents. In this role, you will bring a startup mentality to commerce coverage at Motherly, producing content at scale, iterating quickly, managing a growing team, and delivering results. The ideal candidate will have a mix of analytical and editorial skills, particularly with affiliate conversions and SEO strategy. They should be motivated to scale affiliate operation, as this position may be structured with commission incentives.
The Commerce/SHOP Editor will:
- Lead newly-formed commerce team at Motherly, reporting to COO
- Drive roadmap to profitably scale revenue through affiliate programs
- Assign, edit and write content with growing team of freelancers
- Develop content distribution strategy, with a heavy focus on SEO and email newsletter
- Coordinate with audience development + product manager to optimize page UX + distribution strategy for conversions
- Lead brand outreach, coordinating with sales team when applicable
- Manage affiliate relationships to maximize revenue
- Test (and keep!) amazing products
The ideal candidate will have:
- 3-5 years writing product reviews and covering trending products
- Proven experience growing affiliate revenue for publishers
- Experience using paid spend to maximize ROI a plus
- A vision to develop Motherly into the destination for Millennial mamas to discover life-changing products
Motherly was born to send expert ideas and mom-to-mom inspiration to women exactly when they need it. Because an uplifting online community full of expert tricks-of-the-trade and inspiring stories were exactly what we were missing the first time we became moms.
Founded by a journalist and an entrepreneur who have 5 young kids between them (pass the coffee), Motherly is always looking for new ways to make mothers’ lives better.
We’re just getting started. Join us.
MORE JOBS LIKE THIS
- New York City, NY
- Full Time
- Berwyn, PA
- Full Time
- San Francisco, CA
- Data Analyst