Alger is seeking an enthusiastic and committed individual to join their Recruiting team. This individual will oversee all aspects of recruiting for the Investment & Research team, including lateral hires and campus recruiting.
This is an important role for Alger to fill as this individual will be one of the first impressions of the firm; as such, the individual must be committed to a best-in-class candidate experience, be committed to excellence in their work and in the candidates they pursue, be experienced in recruiting and also open to receiving feedback, be a true team player and have a good sense of humor.
What you will be responsible for:
- Lead and implement firm-wide Campus Recruiting strategy – recruiting Interns, undergrad and MBA full-time hires.
- Oversee all aspects of each campus (e.g., planning dates, events, scheduling interviews and related details)
- Manage relationships with employees at the Firm (e.g., recruiting captains, school teams, interviewers, etc.)
- Manage relationships with each school and career center
- Participate in undergraduate recruitment at various on-campus events
- Collaborate on Summer Intern Program
- Manage lateral Investment recruiting; proactively recruit investment professionals to join the Alger Research team; roles will vary from junior to more senior/seasoned research and investment professionals.
- Coordinate with 3rd party search firms when necessary
- Ensure recruiting system is used and appropriate tracking throughout the year
- Provide monthly reports on status to management
What your background and skills look like:
- Enthusiasm for recruiting
- 3+ years of campus recruiting experience with knowledge of how various campus processes operate
- Highly-organized, motivated and team-oriented professional
- Detail-oriented, client-focused approach
- Excellent analytical, organizational, written and oral communication skills
- Bachelor’s degree and GPA above 3.0
- Ability to travel during recruiting season
- Excellent working knowledge of MS office applications
About Fred Alger Management
Working at Alger:
Alger is an entrepreneurial, privately owned asset management firm which encourages and empowers its employees to be intellectually curious and continually improve. We seek individuals who can think independently yet work collaboratively, are motivated to be best in class, challenge the norm and have fun while doing it. Alger values its employees and rewards them accordingly.
Alger provides ample training to employees and encourages employees to grow in their roles. This culture of continuous improvement is reflected by the fact that many Alger employees have worked at the firm for 10, 15+ years.
We offer a comprehensive personal wellness program that provides resources to help you take charge of your physical well-being, encourage a healthy lifestyle and better manage health care costs. Alger also provides its employees with numerous ways to save and invest, including a comprehensive 401(k) with a generous employer match, financial planning tools, automatic investing plans and more. Underlying our financial wellness program is a strong educational platform.
We’re focused on helping employees more easily manage their work and personal lives. Our life management programs include paid time off, sick leave, paid medical leave, paid parental leave, health club membership reimbursement program and helpful employee assistance programs.
Alger is proud to be an E-Verify & Equal Opportunity Employer.
MORE JOBS LIKE THIS
- New York City, NY
- Full Time
- New York, NY
- CyberSecurity, Data Analyst, Finance - General
- Full Time
- Chicago, IL
- Data Analyst, Finance - General
- Full Time