Associate Director, Analytics – Telecommute in Central or Eastern Time Zones
The Advanced Research and Analytics (ARA) organization provides analytic consulting, analytic solution design and delivery to the various lines of business and shared services organizations within UnitedHealthcare. The ARA team provides analytic services and solutions which include data acquisition, data management, data mining, predictive analytics, machine learning, artificial intelligence, application integration and reporting.
The ARA team provides Analytic Services across a wide variety of business domains including claims processing, payment integrity (fraud, waste, abuse, error), constituent experience (Omnichannel, customer service, campaigns, net promoter scores), clinical insights, provider network optimization, and many more.
This Associate Director of Analytics role will work within the Constituent Experience Analytics Domain to help discover insights and develop solutions that lead to more effective decision-making across the healthcare continuum. This role specifically focuses on Omnichannel service optimization, caller experience optimization and healthcare consumer journey analytics.
If you are located in Central or Eastern time zones, you will have the flexibility to telecommute* as you take on some tough challenges.
- Deliver analytic insights to senior leaders and business operations, focusing on efficiency and effectiveness improvements while also focusing on constituent experience improvements
- Work with senior analysts, data scientists and data engineers to conduct large-scale analyses and design & oversee the development of data science solutions
- Lead cross-functional teams to meet business objectives, oversee and evaluate analytic output prepared by others. Provide guidance and mentorship to team members
- Provide expert advisory services for metrics, program support, and analytics vision to senior leadership
- Build relationships and drive awareness and knowledge of advanced analytics while promoting the capability areas of Advanced Research & Analytics team
- Serve as ‘product owner’ for solutions within the Constituent Analytics Domain
- Manage and track business value realization and financial reporting of Data Science Services and Products
- Engage with Stakeholders related to the execution of projects and products delivered
- Manage (and ensure resolution) of escalations/issues
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Undergraduate degree
- 8+ years of experience leading analytics initiatives to solve business problems
- 5+ years of experience in investigative research, data visualization and analytic insight creation for executive consumption
- Experience serving as Product Owner or Project Manager for analytic solutions.
- Expertise in SQL and data analysis through Excel
- Strong business focus; must excel at connecting business requirements to analytic objectives and to measurable business benefit
- Master’s Degree or higher in a quantitative field
- Experience in any of the following: Omnichannel strategy, Call and Customer Service Analytics, Call Optimization and Obviation strategy, Digital adoption strategy
- Experience with R, Python or SAS
- Experience with Hive and/or Spark
- Experience with any of the following: big data technologies, machine learning platforms, data mart development and engineering, advanced statistics.
- Highly experienced in data visualization suite(s) such as Tableau; D3JS; Cognos etc.
Careers with UnitedHealthcare. Let’s talk about opportunity. Start with a Fortune 6 organization that’s serving more than 85 million people already and building the industry’s singular reputation for bold ideas and impeccable execution. Now, add your energy, your passion for excellence, your near-obsession with driving change for the better. Get the picture? UnitedHealthcare is serving employers and individuals, states and communities, military families and veterans where ever they’re found across the globe. We bring them the resources of an industry leader and a commitment to improve their lives that’s second to none. This is no small opportunity. It’s where you can do your life’s best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
About UnitedHealth Group
Getting hired at UnitedHealth Group is more than the right connections and a solid track record. This is about fit. Is your drive aimed in the same direction as ours? Does your high-performance DNA match our high-performance DNA? Quite simply, do you want your work to make a difference in people’s lives? Then here is a place to begin your life’s best work.SM
MORE JOBS LIKE THIS
- Atlanta, GA
- Client Support, Customer Service, Health Care
- Full Time, Return to Work
- Cary, NC
- Full Time
- New York City, NY
- Full Time