We are seeking candidates for a position as Assistant General Counsel. We will work with the successful candidate to arrange a mutually agreeable work schedule, which can include flexible hours and significant work from home.
The Assistant General Counsel will report to the General Counsel. Her or his responsibilities will include:
- Managing regulatory and compliance issues associated with private funds;
- Drafting and reviewing contracts, non-disclosure agreements and other legal documentation relating to potential investments;
- Providing legal support to our experienced operations team as they execute trades and other transactions;
- Providing legal advice on general corporate matters, including vendor contracts and similar agreements;
- Coordinating with outside legal counsel with respect to a variety of issues including regulatory, corporate, and fund investment work.
- JD and admission in good standing to the NY bar;
- At least five years of experience at a law firm or as in house counsel focused on corporate matters, preferably including securities law, investment advisory matters, and/or private offerings.
About Serengeti Asset Management, LP
Serengeti Asset Management is a value-driven asset manager founded in 2007. We have approximately $1.5b in assets under management in both private equity and hedge fund strategies. Our small and collegial team focuses on investing in niche credit opportunities defined by their small size and complexity and on building platforms to provide creative financing solutions. The firm is committed to providing an engaging and cooperative workplace.
MORE JOBS LIKE THIS
- Dallas, TX
- Full Time
- Please use the keyword search above to type in your city or metro area.
- Finance - General
- Return to Work
- Providence, RI
- Full Time