The Assistant Controller at HitRecord has an opportunity to ultimately own all of accounting at a fast growing startup with the potential to grow with the company and the role. This Assistant Controller will report directly to the SVP, Head of Finance and will be a key leader for the accounting and finance operations. In addition to day-to-day accounting operations, this individual will be responsible for overseeing financial reporting, providing technical accounting expertise and play an integral role in process improvement, system optimizations, and standardizing internal control processes. If this sounds like you, we’d like to hear from you.
We are open to flexible or part-time arrangements for qualified candidates, particularly parents seeking re-entry to the workforce.
- Support the Head of Finance in overseeing all accounting operations, including multiple books, managing and reconciling cash flow and working capital, monthly close, GAAP compliance, and controls/policies
- Prepare and review of timely and accurate monthly financial statements, as well as management reporting and analysis, including key finance and operating metrics
- Maintain and continue to improve upon current internal controls, policies and infrastructure to scale with the business and mitigate risk
- Assessing current processes for efficiency and proposing, documenting, and implementing process improvements
- Contribute to the preparation of the annual plan, budgeting and Board packages
- Manage external partners and vendors including – insurance, benefits, accounting, etc.
- Oversee accounting and sales taxes for the e-commerce platform and work with internal and external production as well as the third party fulfillment partner to optimize the reporting and operations of online retail
- Maintain contributor royalty accounting and support bi-annual community payments
- Assist with weekly vendor payments, including vendor invoice controls
- Ensure accurate personnel time and project tracking
- Partner with the Head of Finance on HR policies and administration as necessary
What makes this different:
- This role provides a high potential for growth with exposure across all aspects of the organization and significant interaction with key stakeholders in all departments.
- You will work with and be exposed to top talent in technology, entertainment and media
- Ability to own and lead significant business initiatives and product launches
- CPA & National public accounting experience
- 2+ years at a tech/media/ or consumer company, preferably a startup
- Ability to think like an entrepreneur
- Highly detail-oriented individual who enjoys accounting and process improvement
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Proven ability to work across many departments with varying levels of staff and management to solve problems and achieve results with a high degree of empathy
- 5+ years of relevant experience in accounting
- Previous experience in a senior associate or accounting manager role is a plus
- Quickbooks Online, Excel, Tableau, and ERP accounting system expertise
- Knowledge of Shopify and related e-commerce platforms; consumer product experience a plus
- Sense of humor is a huge plus!
About HitRECord.org, Inc.
What is HITRECORD?
Founded and led by actor and artist Joseph Gordon-Levitt, HITRECORD is an open online community with the mission to inspire creativity through collaboration. Users don’t just post about themselves and vie for attention; they work together on a variety of art and media projects that they couldn’t have completed on their own.
So far, HITRECORD has operated as a successful production company, winning an Emmy for its television show, partnering with numerous brands from Samsung and LG to the ACLU, paying contributing community members a total of nearly three million dollars.
With over 700,000 registered users, our next step is to evolve from a PRODUCTION COMPANY into a PLATFORM.
Our commitment to diversity and inclusion: The HITRECORD community is made up of people from just about everywhere in the world—a wide-ranging multitude of backgrounds, ages, genders, and beliefs—and we strive to reflect that diversity as much as possible in our workplace. We also prioritize inclusion at our company, striving to create an environment where everyone can be authentically themselves and do their best work. That includes offering competitive salary, health benefits, insurance, and paid parental leave for all employees. We encourage people from underrepresented backgrounds to apply, as well as parents returning to the workforce.
MORE JOBS LIKE THIS
- Philadelphia Area
- Return to Work
- Advertising, Customer Service, Health Care, Other, Technology
- Newport Beach, CA
- Full Time