HomeX is building the future of Home Services and looking to hire an executive assistant and office manager.
Our unique service and technology platform has been engineered to make next-generation experiences for both consumers and service providers come to life.
Reinventing our industry requires creating end-to-end solutions. This is why HomeX is combining a managed service network, a technology platform for providers and full-service experiences for consumers. Together, these efforts put us in a unique position to deliver differentiated, fresh, simple and highly personalized solutions making dream experiences come true.
Founded in 2016 by industry veterans and headquartered in Chicago, HomeX (Home Experience LLC) is determined to be a positive force and help the industry evolve from the inside, creating, for the first time, value and magical experiences for customers and service providers nationwide.
About the Job
HomeX is seeking an energetic Executive Assistant & Office Manager based out of our Chicago HQ to help support key executives and keep our office running smoothly. We are growing quickly, so this is a great role for someone who is looking to grow with us. This is also a great role for someone looking for flexibility and work-life balance – if you’ve got people in your life that need you around, we’ll make room for that.
The right candidate for this role has strong interpersonal and communication skills. You should be excited at the prospect of working in a high-growth tech startup and wake up every day eager to tackle new challenges. You’re interested in growing into a Chief of Staff role, tackling special projects for top executives and driving initiatives in the organization.
You are highly organized with the ability to be flexible and handle simultaneous moving parts with a sense of urgency. Above all, you care about people, from supporting our leadership team to fostering and maintaining office culture.
Please click on the apply link and send a cover letter or apply online
- Support President & CEO: Help our CEO and President manage their time and commitments, serving as the “first line of defense” and as an accelerant for their productivity
- Coordinate Calendars & Travel: Whether it’s moving heaven and earth to get a prioritized meeting on the schedule, protecting key timeblocks, or figuring out the most efficient travel route, be a scheduling and coordination ninja
- Complete Expense Reports: Make sure we’ve got everything documented and submitted properly for key executives
- Be First Point of Contact: Be the first face anyone sees when they walk in the door, from candidates to investors to delivery people, making them feel welcome and at home in our Chicago office. Be the first point of contact for anything team members need in the office
- Keep the Team Energized: Whether it’s ordering catering for a meeting, figuring out team lunch during our monthly All Hands, or keeping the kitchen stocked, you’ll be in charge of keeping people happy and fed
- Facilitate Interviews & New Hire Orientation: Help greet candidates, set up new hire orientation, and help new team members get settled in our Chicago home
- Make HomeX Culture Great: As a key member of the people team, help build HomeX’s culture and support broader HomeX people and culture initiatives.
What We’re Looking For
- Proactive: You anticipate the needs of your team and take the initiative to proactively solve any potential hiccups before they turn into real issues. You bring solutions, not problems, to the table.
- Flexible: You thrive in a chaotic environment and are a pro at “rolling with the punches.” You’re even-keeled, so you can adapt to change quickly without getting stressed or frustrated.
- Team-Oriented: You excel at collaborating across the company, working with team members in all departments and levels.
- Startup Mentality: You thrive in a fast-paced, high-intensity environment where you balance multiple projects and can prioritize your work both short and long term.
- Good Judgment: You have a solid head on your shoulders, and you excel at knowing when to make the call and when to ask for additional direction (and from whom)
- Driven: You are motivated to achieve success both at work and in your personal life.
- Forward-Thinking: You are constantly looking for new and better ways to do things.
- Courageous: You think big and aren’t afraid to fail.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Experience in fast-paced executive support and/or startup environment
- Impeccable attention to detail and project management skills
- Proactive and independent
Why work with us?
How many chances will you get to impact an entire, massive industry by building something from the ground up? Working at HomeX means collaborating with experienced, people-first leaders with a clear vision and a track record of success, and the close-knit camaraderie of a team of highly talented and motivated coworkers. It also means working in a fun and positive working environment – we encourage our employees to balance productivity with the need to recharge the batteries. And of course, you get paid pretty well – we offer competitive compensation packages, including performance-based incentives and competitive health care benefits for full-time employees.
HomeX values diversity in the workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing an inclusive and accessible work environment. We thank all candidates who apply, but only those selected for a personal interview will be contacted. If you request an accommodation, please let us know. We will work with you to meet your needs.
To apply please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com