Marcum LLP is seeking an experienced Tax Manager to join our growing and well-established national firm in the San Francisco office. The position requires an experienced tax professional with strong interpersonal and supervisory skills to work at minimum during tax season. Full time option and flexibility options (to occasionally work from home) are available as well.
At Marcum LLP, we combine resources and technology to deliver the best of both worlds for our clients and employees. No two days are alike; being able to operate efficiently and effectively in a fast-paced environment is key.
Our growing tax practice provides tremendous career opportunities in an environment of the highest ethical standards and professionalism. We are committed to practicing work/life balance and offer extremely competitive salary and benefit packages.
All applicants should email Veronique.Landryfirstname.lastname@example.org. Please include Marcum in the subject line and attach your resume.
- Interact closely with clients to provide innovative business tax planning, consulting and compliance services in a timely and effective manner
- Prepare and review federal and state income tax returns for pass through entities, including S corporations, LLCs, individual, and partnership returns,
- Exercise professional judgment with respect to issue identification to develop solutions to tax issues in returns.
- Review multi-state, gift and trust returns for high net worth individuals
- Supervise and help drive the success of multiple engagements in corporate, partnership and individual taxation
- Ensure complete client satisfaction through open communication, managing and meeting deadlines and proactively sharing tax saving strategies
- Work closely with Partners, Senior Managers, Managers and staff on client management, professional development and business development activities
Other related duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or a Juris Doctor degree required
- Masters in Taxation degree or LLM in Taxation preferred
- CPA certification or working towards certification preferred with 4+ years tax experience
- Strong technical skills pertaining to tax preparation and review, tax compliance, agency correspondence and tax research
- Ability to problem-solve and think both creatively and logically, including the ability to spot potential planning ideas when reviewing a return
- A demonstrated ability to self-direct and effectively organize, prioritize and manage multiple engagements under tight deadlines
- Outstanding leadership, mentoring and interpersonal skills fostering client and staff relationships
- Excellent analytical, organizational, and written and verbal communication skills
Ability to attract and develop profitable, sustainable client relationships
ABOUT MARCUM ACCOUNTANTS AND ADVISORS
Headquartered in New York City, Marcum provides a full spectrum of traditional tax, accounting and assurance services; advisory, valuation and litigation support; and an extensive range of specialty and niche industry practices. The Firm serves both privately held and publicly traded companies, as well as high net worth individuals, private equity funds and hedge funds, with a focus on middle-market companies and closely held family businesses. Marcum is a member of the Marcum Group, an organization providing a comprehensive array of professional services.
Marcum offers an extensive range of professional services and a high degree of specialization. In addition to domestic and international tax planning and preparation, the Firm’s professional services include mergers and acquisition planning, family office services, forensic accounting, business valuation and litigation support. The Firm has developed several niche practice areas serving private equity partnerships; hedge funds; SEC registrants; real estate; government, public and not-for-profit sectors; manufacturing; construction; healthcare; and bankruptcies and receiverships; as well as a China specialty practice.
Après is a career resource for women returning to work after a break or transitioning within the workforce. Reconnect with your professional self — search jobs, get inspired, find resources, and refresh your skills. Join our community of women helping women.
Photo by Christin Hume on Unsplash