NCEFT is seeking a full-time (open to flexibility) Development Associate to assist the Development Director in a wide array of fundraising, marketing, and programming activities.
Donor Management Assistance
· Record gifts and donations in DonorPerfect (cloud-based donor CRM system) and send acknowledgments in a professional and timely manner.
· Update the donor database and assist with filing of materials.
· Support Development Director on assigned projects relating, but not limited to, fundraising, donor appreciation, donor outreach, development of marketing materials, and events.
Event Coordination Assistance
· Assist the Development Director with event management for multiple community and fundraising events, including planning, invitations, setup/cleanup, marketing, and support during each event.
· Includes 5-8 weekend and/or evening events per year.
· Assist Development Director with NCEFT marketing development, including print, social media, and PR. Includes:
· Authoring marketing communications content
· Development and writing of printed collateral (newsletters, brochures, annual report, event invitations, fundraising campaign collateral, etc.)
· Authoring series of Patient Profiles (interview, write essay, create photo and video documentation)
· NCEFT website administration: creation and maintenance of pages, forms, galleries
· Social media updates (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter)
Grant Management Assistance
· Assist with research, writing, and management of foundation grants, including:
· Researching potential high-yield foundation grants
· Drafting grant proposals (ranges from 2-20 pages)
· Monitoring of and timely reporting on grants received
· Comfort with calculating budgets and working with P&L statements as well as ability to research, collect, and maintain data/statistics in cooperation with Administrative Manager
· Provide occasional as-needed support to other NCEFT administrative positions, such as volunteer coordinator, executive director, or administrative manager
· Provide support to NCEFT programs, such as camp and school programs, with planning and directing arts and crafts projects or other program administration
· Be trained as an NCEFT side walker and occasionally fill in during sessions if needed (must be able to walk/jog for 30 minutes in the arena in a therapy session while holding the patient on a horse).
· Strong, professional written and oral communication skills
· Articulate and creative writing of letters, marketing copy, social media, etc.
· Effective narrative writing skills (i.e. for patient profiles)
· Public speaking skills (comfort in one-on-one to large group public speaking situations)
· Keen editing/proofreading skills
· Strong research and analytical skills. Precision with facts and figures, databases, budgets, etc.
· Ability to juggle multiple projects and tasks simultaneously
· Work comfortably in a small physical office space
· Flexibility and equal enthusiasm in working on a wide range of projects, from the mundane (i.e. stuffing mailing envelopes) to the intricate/advanced (producing a multi-thousand-dollar grant)
· Integrity and discretion to maintain strict fiscal and donor confidentiality
· Team-player who interacts comfortably with a wide variety of people: staff, volunteers, Board of Directors, patients/clients (people with disabilities), and donors through high-net-worth individuals
· Self-starter who can comfortably work independently and take initiative
· Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office (especially Excel & Word including mail merge)
· Knowledge of DonorPerfect or similar donor/constituent CRM highly recommended
· Comfort with database input and reporting
· Ability to do extensive online research and data gathering
· High level of comfort with office machinery (copier), presentation projectors, etc.
· Photoshop, Illustrator, and/or iMovie skills a plus
· Photography and photo editing skills a plus
To apply, please send resume, cover letter and 2-3 writing samples to Cherie Hammer, NCEFT Development Director at email@example.com or via mail at 880 Runnymede Rd., Woodside, CA 94062
ABOUT NCEFT-NATIONAL CENTER FOR EQUINE FACILITATED THERAPY
For over 45 years, NCEFT has been a special place where horses, hope and healing converge and transformation begins. NCEFT is dedicated to helping children, adults and military Veterans reach beyond their boundaries through equine-assisted therapies, education, and research. NCEFT provides clinical hippotherapy, adaptive horseback riding, Veteran, and special-education school programs and mental health service programs that measurably rehabilitate a patient’s quality of life. Every year, NCEFT administers over 5,000 therapy sessions per year, benefitting more than 125 people each week. We operate on a little over $1,300,000 budget, approximately 70% of which is funded through donations. Eighty-seven percent of every dollar spent at NCEFT is dedicated to maintaining the excellence of our programs. Financial assistance is available for patients who qualify, and all Veterans are treated without charge for all services. We rely heavily on volunteer assistance, and NCEFT is grateful for the thousands of hours our volunteers give each year. It is a privilege to serve the San Francisco Bay Area as we do, and we take pride in the knowledge we are making a positive impact every day for those living with disabilities. Founded in 1971, NCEFT is the only Northern California facility member of the American Hippotherapy Association and differentiates itself from other equine-facilitated therapy centers by specializing in hippotherapy. Located in Woodside, California, NCEFT is a registered 501(c)3 organization (ID 94-2378104), a Platinum Guidestar.org Participant and a Top-Rated GreatNonProfits.org member with a 5-star rating. Visit nceft.org for more information or follow us on Facebook at facebook.com/nceft.
NCEFT – The National Center for Equine Facilitated Therapy
Après is a career resource for women returning to work after a break or transitioning within the workforce. Reconnect with your professional self — search jobs, get inspired, find resources, and refresh your skills. Join our community of women helping women.