Integrate UX Research and UX Design to create great products through understanding user needs, rapidly generating prototypes, and evaluating design concepts.
Learners will gain hands-on experience with taking a product from initial concept, through user research, ideation and refinement, formal analysis, prototyping, and user testing, applying perspectives and methods to ensure a great user experience at every step.
This UX MicroMasters Program concludes with a capstone project, in which learners will incorporate UX Research and Design to design a complete product, taking it from an initial concept to an interactive prototype.
The advisory board for this MicroMasters Program consists of University of Michigan School of Information alumni who are industry leaders and user experience experts. Board members provide ongoing guidance on applicability of the program to career and educational pathways. More information on the MicroMasters Program and the advisory board members can be found at the University of Michigan website.
- Computer and information technology occupations are projected to grow 12% from 2014 to 2024, faster than average for all professions. 488,500 new jobs are predicted over that period. (source: Occupational Outlook Handbook)
- Median salary $81,430 in May 2015. (source: Occupational Outlook Handbook)
- Career prospects for people with similar training include UX designer, web developer, software developer, information technology manager, data scientist, consultant, and research analyst. (source: UMSI 2015 Employment Report)
- Average Length: 3-8 weeks per course
- Effort: 3-5 hours per week, per course
- Number Of Courses: 9 Courses in Program
- Subject: Computer Science, Social Sciences, Design
- Institution: The University of Michigan
- Institution Offering Credit: The University of Michigan
- Language: English
- Video Transcripts: English
- Price (USD):
- $99 Course 1
- + $99 Course 2
- + $99 Course 3
- + $99 Course 4
- + $99 Course 5
- + $99 Course 6
- + $99 Course 7
- + $99 Course 8
- + $249 Final Project
- $1041 MicroMasters credential