Have you taken a career break? Are you looking to learn something new? And – are you interested in learning more about Bank of America Business Banking?
At Bank of America, Business Banking Relationship Managers are members of a team — not just ours, but the 25,000 private companies we serve in local communities around the country and world ranging in size from $5 million to $50 million in revenue. We have an environment of hard-working professionals who are led by committed leaders and supported with industry-leading products and services, award-winning platforms and educational resources. We look for and foster people with passion and drive.
If you have taken a career break for more than a year, have the prerequisite skills, and are interested in returning to work, The Bank of America Business Banking Returning Talent program may be right for you.
The Bank of America Business Banking Returning Talent Program is a hiring initiative and training program geared towards professionals who have taken a career break for at least one year and are looking to rejoin the workforce. The program is designed to empower returnees by providing the tools and support to successfully reintegrate and make successful contributions as a Relationship Manager in Bank of America’s Business Banking Area.
The Business Banking Returning Talent program is currently staffing in the following cities: Knoxville, TN, McLean, VA, Columbia, SC, Richmond, VA, Columbia, MD, San Jose, CA, Pasadena, CA, Los Angeles, CA and Milwaukee, WI.
When you join our program, we will provide 4 months of training and on-the-job experience to equip you with foundational knowledge and business bank-specific sales and credit skills. Upon completion of the program successful candidates will assume the role of Senior Relationship Manager. The program utilizes knowledge and activity-based training modules, national and local leader and peer coaching and a structured rotational program to teach the fundamentals of credit, treasury and other operational services offered by the bank.
As a part of the Relationship Manager Development Program, you will begin to start building and carrying a portfolio of client relationships from the onset. RMDP graduates are expected to prospect for new business with the goal of contributing to yearly market level goals.
This program is not intended for employees currently in client facing roles in Global Commercial Banking, Business Banking, or Small Business Banking.
We’ll help you:
- Develop the skills to act as trusted advisor for Business Banking clients; identify opportunities and recommend integrated solutions that encompass multiple products and services as needed; new client acquisition is a critical job responsibility
- Develop in-depth understanding of clients’ corporation, organization and the related industry, its strategy and needs; be responsive to changes in the business environment or client needs
- Proactively leverage ideas, insight and relationships to generate new and incremental business for Bank of America
- Leverage Credit and Treasury specialists and other expert resources to ensure the integrated delivery of credit and financial solutions within the Risk & Compliance framework
- Design and implement a business plan that will maximize the profitability of each client
- Build relationships with internal and external sales referral partners
- Motivate and influence client team members appropriately; collaborate in their onboarding, coaching and development
We’re a company that believes in each other and our communities
- Unfailing belief in responsible growth
- Dedication to supporting the communities we serve
- Involvement and support of dozens of Employee Network Groups
- Continuous training and development to help people succeed, regardless of their background or experience
- A commitment to diversity, because it makes us stronger and able to connect with — and reflect — clients and customers around the world
- Fostering internal mobility to grow and retain talented teammates
You must offer skills and experience
- Previous experience in sales, consulting, financial services or business development (10+ years). Experience in credit/lending and corporate sales a plus
- Strong business or corporate financial acumen. Ability to read and interpret company financial statements
- Excellent business development and analytical skills
- Strong interpersonal and influence/partnership skills –must excel connecting enterprise resources
- Demonstrates personal resilience and a commitment to continuous learning
- Conveys confident executive presence
- Strong leadership skills
- Strong ability to lead a matrixed team
- Proven client relationship builder
Skills that are a “plus”
- Previous experience working with business owners (C-suite) executives preferred
- Locally based business and COI (accountants, attorneys, etc.) network preferred
- Commercial Credit or Treasury Sales experience
- Education or experience in finance or accounting
- Undergraduate degree in business, finance or economics preferred or 10+ years’ relevant work experience