VMware Carbon Black has designed the most complete next-gen endpoint security platform, enabling organizations to stop the most attacks, see every threat, close security gaps, and evolve their defenses. The CB Endpoint Security Platform helps organizations of all sizes replace legacy antivirus technology, lock down systems, and arm incident response teams with advanced tools to proactively hunt down threats. Carbon Black was voted Best Endpoint Protection by security professionals in the SANS Institute’s Best of 2015 Awards
At VMware Carbon Black, you’ll have the opportunity to make a huge impact while working alongside a global community of passionate people who are leading the way in cutting-edge technology
Things here might be exciting, fun, and challenging, but it doesn’t mean we don’t make time to elevate our careers. With a leadership team that values our people, our employees are given tons of tools to take their careers to the next level. Where will you take yours?
Why You Matter
The DevOps Test and Pipeline Engineering team plays a pivotal role in the Engineering team. We’re looking for a Software Engineer who will help ensure quality and consistent testing in the pipeline. You will be involved with tooling, testing and the process needed to implement and maintain CI for all our products. This is a unique opportunity to be part of a high-performing team and gain experience with cutting-edge tools and technologies.
- Leverage programming skills to help automate tests and test pipelines for E2E and performance tests
- Support the extended engineering team in troubleshooting test and pipeline failures
- Contribute to implementation and maintenance of test framework and tests
- Maintain, manage and improve a complex, highly secure test environment
- Collaborate across devOps and product engineering teams to ensure a robust pipeline
- Apply and maintain test pipelines across all deployed instances on AWS
- 3+ years of Release or Software Engineering experience
- Strong understanding of OS fundamentals (Mac/ Linux/ Windows)
- Experience with Subversion, GitLab, GitLab CI Runners, Jenkins, Jenkins Pipelines and Artifactory
- Strong analytical and programming skills (Python and/or Java preferred)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent troubleshooting skills and great attention to detail
- Security Experience a plus
- Proven hands-on experience with AWS
- Experience with open source tools such as Kafka, Terraform, Spinnaker, InfluxDB, Elasticsearch a plus
- Good understanding of virtualization is a plus
- Good Kubernetes diagnostic experience
- Experience with Docker and Ansible
- Experience with ReviewBoard, Coverity, Bullseye or Veracode is a plus
Not seeing what you are looking for? Explore all of our jobs >>
You and your loved ones will be supported with a competitive and comprehensive benefits package. Below are some highlights, or you can view the complete benefits package by visiting www.benefits.vmware.com.
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Medical Coverage, Retirement, and Parental Leave Plans for All Family Types
- Generous Time Off Programs
- 40 hours of paid time to volunteer in your community
- Rethink’s Neurodiversity program to support parents raising children with learning or behavior challenges, or developmental disabilities
- Financial contributions to your ongoing development (conference participation, trainings, course work, etc.)
- Healthy and local inspired snacks in all our pantries
At VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our compute, cloud, mobility, networking and security offerings form a digital foundation that powers the apps, services and experiences that are transforming the world.
Since our founding over two decades ago, our 24,000+ employee community and ecosystem of 75,000 partners have been behind the technology innovations transforming entire industries – from banking, healthcare, and government to retail, telecommunications, manufacturing, and transportation.
Every day, we work to solve our customers’ toughest challenges through disruptive technologies like edge computing, artificial intelligence, blockchain, machine learning, Kubernetes and more – to define the digital foundation that will accelerate the next wave of innovation.