Metal Pay is looking for a 100% remote (contract for 6-12months) Senior iOS Engineer to join our team. As a member of the mobile team you will develop, customize and optimize our iOS applications. Our ideal candidate is someone capable of designing systems from scratch and has experience in setting up services using the service-oriented architecture approach. The ideal candidate is able to divide a big application into smaller pieces or services, so every piece can be reused in the future to reduce overhead.
Scalability plays a big part of how we design our infrastructure, and we expect our candidates to have experience in building platforms that are able to handle a high number of concurrent users. Having experience in fin-tech is a plus but not required.
- Take full ownership of iOS related projects and infrastructure
- Design and develop modular applications and document them as necessary
- Lead by example through quality code and design principles
- Develop deep understanding of systems and architectures used by the Metal Pay and Proton platforms
- Write code, unit tests, automation, and conduct code review
- Work with the backend, design, and Android teams to prioritize features for ongoing sprints and managing a list of technical requirements based on industry trends, new technologies and known issues
- Design APIs that teams internal and external will find delightful
- Identify opportunities to adopt innovative technologies
- Identify continuous improvements to delivery processes
- Work with our product and design teams to invent the best solution, implement that solution, then A/B test it to make sure our users are getting the best possible experience
- Enjoy working with our amazing team and thrive in a team environment
- 7+ years experience in iOS development, with both Swift and Objective-C
- UIKit + SwiftUI + Combine experience
- Experience using iOS platform frameworks, dependency managers, and other developer tools
- Experience building and deploying production software applications, including at least one application on the Apple App Store; this isn’t your first rodeo
- Experience as a team lead or engineering manager responsible for shipping to production
- Experience designing high quality APIs for internal and external consumption
- Strong task management skills using tools such as JIRA
- A team player who shines and works best both individually and with a team
- High attention to detail with a focus on quality and customer experience
Are you looking to be a part of one of the most influential companies in the blockchain industry and contribute to the crypto revolution that is changing the world?
At Metal, we are shaping digital money and revolutionizing the way people transact by building the decentralized financial infrastructure of the future. To date, we have launched and operate Metal Pay (digital banking and crypto wallet) and Proton SDK a distributed ledger for identity and interaction with the card and banking payments settlement layer.