EdX is an open source educational software start up venture between MIT and Harvard. We are adding strong full stack software engineers to join the team in building the world’s leading learning destination site and platform so that everyone around the world has the opportunity and access to education.
If you are seeking a highly visible Senior Engineer for our Teaching & Learning team. You will have the opportunity to have a real impact and to learn from some of the best in the industry today.
- Design, develop, deploy, and support scalable software systems.
- Understand and leverage key aspects of building operationally viable solutions.
- Support the open source community.
Qualifications & Skills:
- Real-world experience with Python or other dynamic development languages.
- Demonstrated skills in building service oriented architectures.
- Test Driven Development.
- Experience working in an agile development environment.
- Committed to documentation best practices so your code can be consumed in an open source environment.
- Value teamwork, cutting edge technology and a vibrant start-up atmosphere to work in.
Nice to Have:
- Experience with D3, Bootstrap, Backbone, or RequireJS.
- Contributor to or consumer of Open Source Frameworks.
- BS in Computer Science or related field of study.
- Familiarity with standards compliant front-end development and accessibility best practices.
edX is an MIT Start-up company that offers a highly competitive benefits plan, a pension program, free lunches every day as well as a plethora of other fun perks and access to some of the smartest people on the planet! Are you ready to be a part of our Mission?
Sorry, Visa sponsorship is not available.