You’ll be working on big, exciting projects like optimizing our social media post queueing system, building out UI components using React, adding support for social media platform-specific features like native video, and getting our onboarding juuuust right so that every user has a mind-blowing experience from their very first login.
Today Edgar is built with Rails, Postgres, and React. We do our best to write solid, well-tested code and we keep an eye out for new technologies that improve our development experience.
You’ll be joining our small Product & Engineering team, working daily with:
– Chad, Engineering Director
– Kevin, Product Director
– Yuta, Senior Full-Stack Developer, who also serves as our Lead Architect
– Mark, Senior Full-Stack Developer
– Sarah, Usability Project Manager, who also serves as our dedicated QA
And you’ll also be frequently working alongside Kristina and Megan on our Customer Experience team
**Spoiler alert** Take a sneak peek at this position’s current “Work Agreement” here: http://ed.gr/ptfsdev
(We write these up with every employee at MeetEdgar and update them at least once a year to make sure we’re all on the same page about how we’re being evaluated and what types of expectations surround our roles.)
***Applicants must live and work within North American time zones and be able to show documentation of eligibility to work in the USA.***
To apply, please click on the URL below and complete the form!
Your experience should include . . .
✅ A history of professional experience as part of a software development team
✅ Delivering code that not only works but is well-tested, well-reasoned, and well-documented as needed
✅ Modern JS development experience with React and Redux (or similar)
✅ You’ve solved common problems like authentication, payment, asynchronous processing, and scheduling
✅ You have been celebrated for your communication skills and commitment to working as part of a team trying to build something together!
✅ You’ve worked to improve the dev process in previous roles and recognize the value of maintaining and contributing to an awesome company culture
Some logistical notes about the job . . .
– This is a part-time position, with the possibility of accommodating occasional/intermittent full time work as our development needs and business allow. Any full time work offered will always be compensated and completely opt-in for you, never required. We are very committed to clear expectations around work hours… emergency situations that *require* additional time or off-hours are incredibly rare here.
– We’re remote, but we work synchronously. We like to keep to normal, regular business hours in North American time zones. No burning the midnight oil! (That said, COVID-19 has presented some challenges for many on the team, and we’re making adjustments to these norms to help flexibly accommodate everybody’s needs at home.)
– As a part time employee, you will still be able to set your own regular working hours (we adhere to set schedules, generally within normal business hours in every employee’s home time zone), however we may require you to shift your schedule to accommodate optimal time zone overlap during training and onboarding periods.
We’re a small team of a dozen-ish people, all working remotely across North America. We do a lot of collaborating and meme-swapping on Slack, along with virtual team meetings, collaborative docs, and super-futuristic video calls. We also meet in person once or twice per year so we can work together on cool projects all day and rock the karaoke mic all night. (Spoiler alert: We’ve suspended in-person retreats during the COVID-19 pandemic, but we do intend to return to our normal schedule… eventually. This means you should be willing and able to travel to those retreats, once it’s safe to do so! The karaoke, however, will remain optional.)
We’re proudly bootstrapped and profitable, which means we get to turn down VC money a lot and keep doing things the way we like. We’re pretty serious about building and maintaining awesome, positive company culture, so, you know, no jerks.
We’ll probably get along if you’re someone who wants to be creative, have a pretty-serious-but-not-inhuman amount of responsibility, and work with people who make going to work not suck. (And be one of those people yourself. We like those people.)
And on that note, we’re proud to be an equal-opportunity employer genuinely committed to building a diverse team, and to fostering the type of inclusive environment in which diversity thrives.
Want to learn more? You can:
Check out our employee handbook: http://handbook.meetedgar.com/
Preview what happens your first day on the job: https://ed.gr/MeetEdgarFirstDay
Go in-depth on the perks & benefits: https://ed.gr/MeetEdgarPerks2020
You can find out more at http://meetedgar.com/careers/