BECOME A JOB SEEKER MEMBER FOR JUST $99!
Find your passion and discover What’s Next for your career + life with Après. Get exclusive access to the Après Job Market with flexible, full-time and return-to-work opportunities curated from companies that respect career breaks or allow flexibility.Get Started
Already a member? Sign in.
VIEW TWO OF OUR
- Chicago, IL
- Finance - General
- San Antonio, TX
- full-time, remote
Ross & Company is growing rapidly and seeks a high energy, detail/execution-oriented, multi-faceted individual based in our Boston office. The Associate will be an integral part of the success of Ross & Company and is essentially responsible for all support aspects of the business conducted by the Partner and the extended search team.
Specifically, the Associate will be expected to:
- Provide support around the full life cycle of the search process, from inception to completion.
- Serve as central point of contact for support inquiries to the Partner; and functions as an extension of the Partner, proactively anticipating and addressing any issues/needs.
- Support the recruiting team by researching/identifying target companies and professionals for any given search assignment. In conjunction, this will require workflow management from document formatting, database entry and querying and maintaining database quality/metrics, and the like;
- Assisting Managing Partners, Partners, Principals, Vice Presidents and Associates in special projects (marketing materials, social media, compensation studies, thought leader/white papers, etc.)
- Preparing materials for new business development initiatives.
The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 1+ years of relevant work experience in a business or professional services environment. He/She will be a smart and aggressive individual to complete multiple daily, weekly, monthly, and annual priorities and projects by providing tactical support (i.e., “arms and legs”) to execute our vision and plans.
- Master Coordinator. Must be able to multi-task. Ability to juggle, prioritize, and manage his/her day with absolute efficiency. Knows the value of a “to-do” list. Be detail-oriented, be proactive, at times flexible in terms of hours/responsibilities, and able to organize and prioritize multiple deadlines
- Team Player. The successful candidate will be passionate about supporting and collaborating with members of the Ross & Company team. Has a winning, “can do” attitude. Understands how to help put others in a position for success. Anticipates and reacts with a positive, take charge mentality. Will do whatever it takes to get the job done right.
- Maturity & Independence. Someone who maintains strict confidentiality and uses the utmost discretion and professionalism when dealing with sensitive matters. Knows that sweating the details means caring. A self-starter with a bias for action; someone who advances the company agenda. At the same time, must be willing to take direction and learn the business from other members of the firm.
- Balances Assertiveness with Customer Service. Tenacious, but brings a positive, customer service personality. A concierge mentality that ensures the highest quality and greatest satisfaction/experience is had by everyone (internally and externally) who encounters them. High touch – over does it with follow up and genuine interest/commitment.
- Nimble in the Face of Ambiguity & Adversity. Grounded realist who naturally adjusts to changing internal/external dynamics, priorities and challenges… Competitive; Wants to win, hates to lose…. Knows how to overcome adversity to accomplish the goal…. Willingly takes or gives corrective action, and is highly adaptable to change.
- Technically Strong.The successful candidate must be proficient with Microsoft Office applications to include: Word, Excel, and Outlook. Advanced knowledge of PowerPoint required.
- Communication Skills. Excellent written and verbal communication skills; customer service focused with excellent phone etiquette; superior interpersonal skills.
- Education. Must have a bachelor’s degree in Business or Liberal Arts.
About Ross & Company
Ross & Company is a specialist executive search firm serving the healthcare sector and related markets for prominent private equity and venture capital sponsors in the United States. The firm, which was founded in 1992, is headquartered in Boston with offices in New York and Philadelphia. Ross & Company maintains a hyper-focus on specific practice areas including Healthcare Services, Health Information, Managed Care, and Life Sciences. Today, principals have combined 80 years of search experience, have extensive Board experience and are limited partners of numerous Venture Capital and Private Equity funds. Ross & Company is a founding sponsor of the Healthcare Leaders Conference (www.hcleadersconference.com), a gathering of approximately 150 CEO’s and Partners from prominent private equity and venture capital funds, all of whom are focused on the healthcare services, managed care and health information sectors.