Location: Calabasas, CA
The FP&A team at Xperi is accountable for company-wide financial planning, forecasting, and strategic analysis. The Director, Corporate FP&A will be responsible for providing leadership with valuable insights into business performance to help drive critical decision-making. This role will facilitate the monthly, quarterly and annual financial forecast cycle for the corporate departments, lead overall financial consolidation for the company, manage the data analytics team, and prepare reporting deliverables for internal and external stakeholders, including to the Board of Directors.
The Director, Corporate FP&A will gain invaluable experience in developing a comprehensive understanding of a company’s overall P&L, cash position and balance sheet. It is a highly visible role that requires constant interaction with leaders and senior executives across the organization, and will create an impact within a growing FP&A team. Leveraging their knowledge of corporate finance and accounting principles, data analytics and financial analysis, the director will work on Board-level deliverables and interface with business leaders. This position will report to the VP of FP&A and will partner closely with other FP&A team members as well as leadership. They will also manage a team of 3-4 people.
We are looking for a self-starter who requires low supervision to thrive in this role. This role requires a general understanding of corporate finance and accounting principles.
Life @ Xperi:
At Xperi, we value People, Customers, Performance and Innovation. We are dedicated to creating a workplace where all employees have a voice and sense of belonging, feel safe and valued, and are acknowledged for how their unique differences contribute to organizational culture and business outcomes.
Our employees and their families are important to us, and our comprehensive pay, stock and benefits programs reflect that. Xperi supports personal well-being, builds financial security and enables employees to share in our collective success.
- Competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits designed to foster work-life balance, care for your health, protect your finances and help you save and invest for the future.
- Generous paid time away from work, including flexible time off, holidays and sick time, health and wellness initiatives, and a charitable match program to help you give back to your community.
- Great perks, which vary by location and can be site-specific: employee discounts, transportation reimbursements, subsidized cafes and fitness facilities.
- A flexible, hybrid work environment combining the best of in-office collaboration and community-building along with the benefits of working from home.
The estimated base salary range for this full-time position is $124,377 – $164,800 plus bonus, equity, and benefits, and can vary if outside of this location. Our salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location. Within the range, individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including job-related skills, competencies, experience, market demands, internal parity, and relevant education or training. Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range and perks and benefits for your location during the hiring process.
Who we are looking for:Professional Experience and Qualifications
- 5-10 years of FP&A, Corporate transactions, Big 4 Audit experience or I-Banking experience.
- Prior experience in a Corporate consolidation role with oversight on both the top and bottom line; cash forecasting experience also preferred.
- Willingness to roll up your sleeves and build complex models with large data sets (in excel and other planning applications).
- Superior Excel skills; Experience with Power BI, Adaptive and Alteryx is preferred.
- Prior experience or strong interest in data analytics.
- Extremely well organized, and data driven.
- Positive attitude and team spirit. Detail oriented with excellent communications and presentation skills.
- Self-starter capable of driving business results without significant supervision.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting/Finance/Business or related field required.
- MBA, CFA or CPA are a plus.
- Knowledge of GAAP highly preferred
What you will get to do:
- Own the consolidation of Xperi’s overall P&L, including revenue and expense forecasting, budgeting and long-term planning.
- Drive forecasting and budgeting for all corporate departments through Xperi’s financial planning system (Adaptive); including approving purchase requisitions, ensuring adherence to company purchasing policy, department-based budgets and accuracy of account coding.
- Develop and analyze quarterly, annual, and long-range plans by business segment and for the overall company.
- Develop and coordinate the quarterly presentations and analyses for Board of Directors, Audit Committee, and IR.
- Lead data analytics team to automate and improve existing forecasting models, streamline data flows and develop visualization/BI dashboards for management. This includes facilitating self-service analytics and accuracy of data across the organization.
- Provide thought leadership to help build statistically rigorous forecasting using regression and other statistical models.
- Proactively advise FP&A leadership to align processes and tools across the company and drive process improvement initiatives.
- Take initiative to develop a good understanding of the business and become a trusted business advisor across the organization.
- Collaborate with Corporate Development team to support with any analysis and data needed, including potential M&A activities.
- Guide business units in their annual and long-term planning processes to achieve the overall company strategy.
- Work closely with Accounting & Tax leadership on monthly & quarterly close-related activities.
- Mentor direct reports to be future finance leaders.
About Xperi Inc.
Xperi invents, develops and delivers technologies that create extraordinary experiences at home and on the go for millions of people around the world. Powering billions of consumer electronics, connected cars and digital content titles, we make entertainment more immersive, driving more intelligent and every interaction seamlessly personalized through our renowned consumer brands: DTS®, HD Radio™, IMAX® Enhanced and TiVo®.
Xperi (NYSE: XPER) is a publicly traded technology company headquartered in San Jose, CA with over 2,000 employees across North America, Europe and Asia. Come join a thriving team where you can play an integral role in shaping the future of entertainment technology.