Invest your career with an industry you can bank on…Insurance! We are currently looking for a Management Liability Underwriter (Senior or AVP) to work out of our New York or Atlanta office. Your bright ideas and determination will help us drive positive impact with our customers, communities, and each other. Our global footprint and 148 years of experience enables you to develop your skills and put your problem-solving expertise to use while having the opportunity to work with a wide range of Fortune 500® companies.
To bring leading talent into the organization and foster a culture of innovation and excellence, we encourage professionals from wide range of backgrounds and industries to apply and:
- Join a global company that gives you empowerment over your own activities and decisions
- Use your financial/credit/accounting acumen along with your analytical and customer focus to support our team
- Have the autonomy and freedom to be successful in your career
- Experience a customized training program dedicated to those new joiners outside of the insurance industry
As an Underwriter you will use your financial analysis, relationship building, marketing and analytical skills to underwrite new and renewal business. The ideal candidate for the Management Liability D&O position will work in a team setting and will perform financial analysis for public companies within Zurich’s Management Solutions Group with specific focus on Directors & Officers, Fiduciary, Fidelity and Employment Practices Liability lines of business for public companies.
This is a market facing position and we are seeking someone with a strong sales execution mindset, an ability to develop and maintain productive relationships with Brokers, and advanced knowledge of Directors and Officers liability. There will be 25% travel for this position.
Our Management Liability Underwriters are responsible for:
- Proactively seeking renewal and new account opportunities by making broker/customer outreach and visits
- Underwriting and analyzing new and renewal business within delegated authority levels ensuring opportunities meet the organization’s appetite, balanced with sound business opportunity
- Developing and maintaining relationships in support of business retention and acquisition and works with customers and distributors to determine their insurance related needs and provide solutions
- Supporting underwriting strategy and product development by incorporating lessons learned from competitor forms and approaches to coverage in new products
- Participating in compliance-related queries, including state regulatory exams and insurance department inquiries
- Leading product refreshes (e.g. updating pre-existing coverages and endorsements) by managing form and endorsement reviews with Corporate Law and Claims Legal
This role will be filled at either the AVP or Senior level. The hiring manager will determine the appropriate level based upon the selected applicant’s experience and skill set relative to the qualifications listed for this position.
Senior Level Basic Qualifications (6T):
- High School Diploma or Equivalent and 5 or more years of experience in the Underwriting, Accounting, Banking, Risk Management or Market Facing area
- High School Diploma or Equivalent and 10 or more years of experience in the Claims or Underwriting Support area
- Zurich Certified Insurance Apprentice including an Associate Degree and 3 or more years of experience in the Underwriting, Accounting, Banking, Risk Management or Market Facing area
- Zurich Certified Insurance Apprentice including an Associate Degree and 8 or more years of experience in the Claims or Underwriting Support area
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Experience working on time restraints for quotes on new and renewal business
- Experience working in a team environment.
AVP Level Basic Qualifications (7T):
- High School Diploma or Equivalent and 7 or more years of experience in the Underwriting, Accounting, Banking, Risk Management or Market Facing area
- High School Diploma or Equivalent and 14 or more years of experience in the Claims or Underwriting Support area
- Zurich Certified Insurance Apprentice including an Associate Degree and 5 or more years of experience in the Underwriting, Accounting, Banking, Risk Management or Market Facing area
- Zurich Certified Insurance Apprentice including an Associate Degree and 12 or more years of experience in the Claims or Underwriting Support area
- Experience with Microsoft Office.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Technical knowledge of commercial Corporate D&O Underwriting
- Established broker relationships (Retail, select brokers) in assigned territory
- Sales execution mindset
- Creative problem-solving skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
Now is the time to move forward and make a difference. At Zurich, we want you to share your unique perspectives, experiences and ideas so we can grow and drive sustainable change together. As part of a leading global organization, Zurich North America has over 148 years of experience managing risk and supporting resilience. Today, Zurich North America is a leading provider of commercial property-casualty insurance solutions and a wide range of risk management products and services for businesses and individuals. We serve more than 25 industries, from agriculture to technology, and we insure 90% of the Fortune 500®. Our growth strategy is not limited to our business. As an employer, we strive to provide ongoing career development opportunities, and we foster an environment where voices are diverse, behaviors are inclusive, actions drive equity, and our people feel a sense of belonging. Be a part of the next evolution of the insurance industry. Join us in building a brighter future for our colleagues, our customers and the communities we serve. Zurich maintains a comprehensive employee benefits package for employees as well as eligible dependents and competitive compensation. Please click here to learn more.
As a global company, Zurich recognizes the diversity of our workforce as an asset. We recruit talented people from a variety of backgrounds with unique perspectives that are truly welcome here. Taken together, diversity and inclusion bring us closer to our common goal: exceeding our customers’ expectations. Zurich does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender expression, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or any other legally protected status. EOE disability/vet