Invest your career with an industry you can bank on…Insurance! We are looking for a Senior Financial Lines Underwriter for our Financial Institution team to work from New York or Boston. Your bright ideas and determination will help us drive positive impact with our customers, communities, and each other. Our global footprint and 148 years of experience enables you to develop your skills and put your problem-solving expertise to use while working with a wide range of Fortune 500® companies.
To bring leading talent into the organization and foster a culture of innovation and excellence, we encourage professionals from wide range of backgrounds and industries to apply and:
- Join a global company that gives you empowerment over your own activities and decisions
- Use your financial/credit/accounting acumen along with your analytical and customer focus to support our team
- Have the autonomy and freedom to be successful in your career
- Experience a customized training program dedicated to those new joiners outside of the insurance industry
As a Senior Financial Lines Underwriter, you will use your financial analysis, relationship building, marketing and analytical skills to underwrite new and renewal business. The ideal candidate will bring experience with Financial Institutions across the following lines of coverage, Director and Officer Liability, Errors and Omissions, Employment Practices Liability, Fiduciary Liability and Security and Privacy Coverage. With more than 125 years of history servicing the financial institution industry, Zurich’s Financial Institutions team focuses on providing management and professional liability solutions to targeted financial services segments including asset management, banking, insurance companies and real estate investment trusts.
This is a market facing position and we are seeking someone with a strong sales execution mindset, an ability to develop and maintain productive relationships with Brokers, insureds, and prospective insureds. There will be 25% travel for this position.
- Underwrite and analyze new and renewal business within delegated authority levels on assignment of higher technical complexity and coordination.
- Administer and monitor underwriting rules and guidelines, insurance laws and regulations, and rating annual rules.
- Develop, maintain & collaborate with Line of Business representatives on referrals and other business-related needs
- Develop and maintain relationships with distributors (agents & brokers) in support of business retention and acquisition and works with customers and distributors (agents & brokers) to determine their insurance related needs and provide solutions.
- Complete detailed opportunity assessment with key distributors to identify growth opportunities.
- Qualify accounts to meet with the organization’s appetite, balanced with sound business opportunity.
This role will be filled at either the Senior or AVP level. The hiring manager will determine the appropriate level based upon the selected applicant’s experience and skill set relative to the qualifications listed for this position
Senior Level III Basic Qualifications:
- High School Diploma or Equivalent and 5 or more years of experience in the Underwriting, Accounting, Banking, Risk Management or Market Facing area
- High School Diploma or Equivalent and 10 or more years of experience in the Claims or Underwriting Support area
- Zurich Certified Insurance Apprentice including an Associate Degree and 3 or more years of experience in the Underwriting or Market Facing area
- Zurich Certified Insurance Apprentice including an Associate Degree and 8 or more years of experience in the Claims or Underwriting Support area
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Experience working on time restraints for quotes on new and renewal business
- Experience working in a team environment
AVP Level IV Basic Qualifications:
- High School Diploma or Equivalent and 7 or more years of experience in the Underwriting, Accounting, Banking, Risk Management or Market Facing area
- High School Diploma or Equivalent and 14 or more years of experience in the Claims or Underwriting Support area
- Zurich Certified Insurance Apprentice including an Associate Degree and 5 or more years of experience in the Underwriting or Market Facing area
- Zurich Certified Insurance Apprentice including an Associate Degree and 12 or more years of experience in the Claims or Underwriting Support area
- Experience with Microsoft Office
Now is the time to move forward and make a difference. At Zurich, we want you to share your unique perspectives, experiences and ideas so we can grow and drive sustainable change together. As part of a leading global organization, Zurich North America has over 148 years of experience managing risk and supporting resilience. Today, Zurich North America is a leading provider of commercial property-casualty insurance solutions and a wide range of risk management products and services for businesses and individuals. We serve more than 25 industries, from agriculture to technology, and we insure 90% of the Fortune 500®. Our growth strategy is not limited to our business. As an employer, we strive to provide ongoing career development opportunities, and we foster an environment where voices are diverse, behaviors are inclusive, actions drive equity, and our people feel a sense of belonging. Be a part of the next evolution of the insurance industry. Join us in building a brighter future for our colleagues, our customers and the communities we serve. Zurich maintains a comprehensive employee benefits package for employees as well as eligible dependents and competitive compensation. Please click here to learn more.
As a global company, Zurich recognizes the diversity of our workforce as an asset. We recruit talented people from a variety of backgrounds with unique perspectives that are truly welcome here. Taken together, diversity and inclusion bring us closer to our common goal: exceeding our customers’ expectations. Zurich does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender expression, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or any other legally protected status. EOE disability/vet