The Chapters and Membership Manager will work with WRISE’s senior team and consultants to develop and implement a comprehensive chapter support and growth strategy that expands on the organization’s existing relationships and supports the organization-wide strategy.
This individual will report to the Senior Manager, Operations and Programs and be responsible for regular communication across all WRISE Chapters, as well as developing tools, training, and support structures for our chapters with a particular focus on Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion at the local chapter level and of course, all under the umbrella of our broader vision, mission, and organizational values.
As a part of a small and lean team, the person filling this role will need to be scrappy, resourceful, and flexible – ready to adapt as needed and support the full work of the organization – bringing their own fresh ideas, perspectives, and experiences to the table with openness, knowing that others will do the same.
- Advise and support local chapter leadership on standard chapter operations and best practices
- Manage, train, and support local chapters in alignment with WRISE values with a specific focus on Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion across local chapter programs
- Serve as primary point of contact for all chapter leaders to the WRISE team and board
- Manage and support the WRISE Chapters Committee in collaboration with Committee Chair and WRISE Senior Manager, Operations and Programs
- Organize WRISE Week Chapter event support and marketing in partnership with the Chapters Committee, Communications, and Fundraising teams
- Manage administrative, technical, and logistical support for local chapters
- Support and provide one-on-one guidance for local chapters as needed
- Plan and build new tools and processes for forming new chapters, onboarding new chapter leaders, and chapter leader transitions
- Manage and support the WRISE Membership Committee in collaboration with Committee Chair and WRISE Senior Manager, Operations and Programs
- Manage administrative, technical, and logistical support for individual members including welcome and engagement tools for new members
- Develop, deploy, and analyze annual membership survey
Identify strategies to continue improving the member experience and connections with local chapters
- At least 3 years of relevant experience
- Detail-oriented with strong organizational skills
- Ability to manage a large portfolio of stakeholders/accounts with patience – staying organized across multiple projects, prioritizing, asking for help when needed
- Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion capacity to lead and support training and education across the organization
- An understanding of and commitment to the WRISE vision, mission, and core values
Other valuable-but-not-required qualifications/
- Excellent oral and written communications skills
- Team-oriented with a willingness to work collaboratively with national team, volunteers, and partners
- Renewable Energy/Sustainability Sector experience
- Event planning and logistics experience
- Enjoy networking and building strong and authentic working relationships
- Solid interpersonal skills, emotional intelligence, and self-awareness
- Comfortable with a variety of software and tools including Microsoft Office, Google, Mailchimp, Eventbrite and Salesforce, with an interest in finding and a willingness to try new tools and technologies
- Past experience working with volunteer teams
- Available for some travel (in a future, post-pandemic world)
- Available for occasional evening work related to community events, industry conferences, etc.
Compensation and Benefits:
This is a full-time, exempt position. Salary range is $50,000 to $60,000 commensurate with qualifications and experience.
WRISE is committed to employee health and wellbeing and offers generous vacation and medical benefits including 100% coverage of comprehensive health insurance plans, family and parental leave, a 403(B) contribution program, and professional development funds.
Women of Renewable Industries and Sustainable Energy (WRISE) is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, color, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other category protected by federal, state and local laws.
Application review will begin July 26, 2021 and remain open until the position is filled. Desired start date is September 1, 2021. Location is New York or Virtual / Remote.
About Women of Renewable Industries and Sustainable Energy (WRISE)
Women of Renewable Industries and Sustainable Energy (WRISE) was founded in 2005 and promotes the education, professional development, and advancement of women to achieve a strong, diversified workforce and support a robust renewable energy economy. WRISE is now an organization with 35+ local chapters in the US and Canada; national programming that includes the annual leadership forum, peer mentoring cohorts, and support for companies working to advance a strong equity culture and a growing grassroots network of more than 16,000 people. The organization is supported through hundreds of volunteer hours and the generous contributions of individuals as well as corporate partners. https://wrisenergy.org/
WRISE is deeply committed to our following four core values:
COMMUNITY – We understand the significance of our collective power and interdependence. We build trust, collaboration, empathy, and we amplify the best in each other.
EQUITY – We actively work to dismantle systemic injustice and oppression. We believe in valuing each person’s complex identity and lived experience.
COURAGE – We challenge ourselves and others to lead, take risks, speak up, and do what is right especially when it is not easy.
AUTHENTICITY – We strive, as individuals and as an organization, to be honest, self-aware, transparent, and always evolving.