Senior ServiceNow Implementation Specialist
The Department of Technology is seeking an experienced, sharp analytical thinker IT professional who’s adept at ServiceNow with advanced business analysis skillset and in-depth knowledge of design, development, configuration of Core ServiceNow suite of applications (i.e., IT Service/Business Management, IT Asset Management) as wells as building ServiceNow Custom applications, and ITIL best practices to serve as a senior level ServiceNow Implementation Specialist. This role is reporting to the ITSM Program Director (ServiceNow Platform Manager).
Under general direction, this position oversees the more difficult and complex aspects of the systems development cycle for ServiceNow, including needs analysis, structured systems analysis and design, feasibility analysis, technology and software assessment, project planning and management, system installation, implementation and testing, conversion to production status, technical and procedural documentation, user training, and post-implementation assessment and administration; may be the primary MIS resource for an organization with a complex system.
Successful candidate (A) will demonstrate the ability to perform job functions in an independent manner, (B) must have a strong background in IT Service Management and IT Operations Management processes and solutions, and (C) possess deep expertise across the breadth of the ServiceNow platform.
Office of Contract Administration (OCA) business process automation (i.e., ServiceNow suite of OCA Waivers Custom Applications)
- City Administrator Office (ADM) ICS 214 Custom Application
- Department of Human Resources (HRD) ServiceNow Human Resources Service Delivery Configuration/implementation
- Enhancements to the existing suite of ServiceNow Employee Performance Management Custom Applications
- Enhancements to the existing ServiceNow Procurement Custom Application
- Enhancements to the existing ServiceNow Catalog items
- ServiceNow Platform upgrade
- Works on and responsible for complex software applications research, development, conversion, and installation of ServiceNow Core (Out of the Box) and Custom applications (Digitizing business processes & Task automation)
- Work with business stakeholders to troubleshoot application and integration issues
- Development solutions for new ideas/demands and to non-recurring problems by analyzing, interpreting, and evaluating various precedents and data and conduct “walkthroughs” for proposed solutions to systems problems
- Development related activities/phases of multiple complex projects/initiatives in parallel to successfully delivering ITSM/IT Business Management (ITBM) and custom solutions to achieve organizational goals and improve efficiencies
- Leading technical development of additional module implementations within ServiceNow, including POC design, process modeling and gap analysis and mitigation
- Programming/scripting and/or reverse engineering of the following:
1) Angular JS/HTML/CSS/AJAX
2) Client Side and Server-Side Scripting
3) Business Rules, Script Includes, Client Scripts, UI Actions, Scheduled Jobs, ACLs, UI Scripts
An associate degree in computer science or a closely related field from an accredited college or university OR its equivalent in terms of total course credits/units [i.e., at least sixty (60) semester or ninety (90) quarter credits/units with a minimum of twenty (20) semester or thirty (30) quarter credits/units in computer science or a closely-related field].
Five (5) years of experience in the information systems field, including system analysis, business process design, development and implementation of business application solutions for Enterprise Applications and IT project management.
Additional experience as described above may be substituted for the required degree on a year-for-year basis (up to a maximum of two (2) years). One (1) year is equivalent to thirty (30) semester units / forty-five (45) quarter units with a minimum of 10 semester / 15 quarter units in computer science or a closely related field.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience with ITIL Service Management and Business Management core processes (Solid/Advanced understanding of an ITIL framework and ITSM principles)
- Experience with development and implementation of ServiceNow ITSM & ITBM core modules – Incident Management, Problem Management, Configuration Management, Change Management, Knowledge Management, Project Portfolio Suites of application (PPS)
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in an Admin/Developer/Implementer capacity administering an enterprise-wide, multi-tier ServiceNow production environment
- Minimum of 5 years of experience with all scripted aspects of the ServiceNow system including Business Rules, Client Scripts, Script Includes, UI Actions, ACLs, Workflow Activities and Scheduled Jobs
- Minimum of 5 years of experience with extending the ServiceNow schema to custom applications – System application design and development within Service Oriented Architecture to extend the core functionality of the platform
- Knowledge of technical components such as LDAP, VPN, SSL, SAML/SSO and other such technologies
- 10 full ServiceNow Application Development life cycle performing advanced ServiceNow configuration and development on ServiceNow New York or newer releases
- Experience with ServiceNow ITOM and Orchestration to automate complex multi-system tasks on remote servers using ServiceNow Orchestration which extends the workflow capabilities of the ServiceNow platform to communicate and orchestrate activities outside the ServiceNow instance
- Very strong ability to reason logically and creatively to identify and resolve problems by understanding high level direction, outlining technical approach, and implementing scalable solutions
- Function effectively as a lead member of a team and participate in activities and assignments that will benefit other members of the team or will contribute to the accomplishment of team objectives
- Possession of a Master’s degree in computer science, MIS or a closely related field from an accredited college or university
- ServiceNow Administrator Certification (CSA)
- ServiceNow Implementation Specialist Certification (CIS)
- ITIL® Foundation Certification
About SAN FRANCISCO DEPARTMENT OF TECHNOLOGY
Why Work for the Department of Technology (DT)? The Department of Technology (DT) is the centralized technology services provider in CCSF. We deliver technology infrastructure and services to approximately 33,000 employees! With an annual operating budget of over $140M and approximately 260 employees, DT provides a host of services that includes:
People-Centered Solutions: Working for San Francisco, you can have a powerful, meaningful effect on the community every day. When we solve problems, people are the heart of every solution!
Benefits of Working for CCSF: In addition to challenging and rewarding work, the City provides a generous suite of benefits to its employees.
- Job security, pension, and robust retirement options
- Competitive pay with consistent bi-yearly or yearly increases
- Generous paid time off, family leave, and more!
- Diverse work environment in a diverse city
- Union protections and representation
- Career development and growth — move between departments, learn on the job, or take subsidized/reimbursed classes!
CLOSING THE DIGITAL DIVIDE — bring the benefits of the internet to low-income and marginalized residents!
SHINE A LIGHT ON WHAT MATTERS — join an award-winning production team at SFGovTV to help residents watch legislators or learn more about what makes this City great!
DRIVE INNOVATION — deliver new, cutting-edge technology to residents and city partners to help San Francisco serve its residents!