Senior ServiceNow Implementation Specialist
The Department of Technology is seeking an experienced, sharp analytical thinker IT professional who’s adept at ServiceNow with advanced business analysis skillset and in-depth knowledge of design, development, configuration of Core ServiceNow suite of applications (i.e., IT Service/Business Management, IT Asset Management) as wells as building ServiceNow Custom applications, and ITIL best practices to serve as a senior level ServiceNow Implementation Specialist. This role is reporting to the ITSM Program Director (ServiceNow Platform Manager).
Under general direction, this position oversees the more difficult and complex aspects of the systems development cycle for ServiceNow, including needs analysis, structured systems analysis and design, feasibility analysis, technology and software assessment, project planning and management, system installation, implementation and testing, conversion to production status, technical and procedural documentation, user training, and post-implementation assessment and administration; may be the primary MIS resource for an organization with a complex system.
Successful candidate (A) will demonstrate the ability to perform job functions in an independent manner, (B) must have a strong background in IT Service Management and IT Operations Management processes and solutions, and (C) possess deep expertise across the breadth of the ServiceNow platform.
- Office of Contract Administration (OCA) business process automation (i.e., ServiceNow suite of OCA Waivers Custom Applications)
- City Administrator Office (ADM) ICS 214 Custom Application
- Department of Human Resources (HRD) ServiceNow Human Resources Service Delivery Configuration/implementation
- Enhancements to the existing suite of ServiceNow Employee Performance Management Custom Applications
- Enhancements to the existing ServiceNow Procurement Custom Application
- Enhancements to the existing ServiceNow Catalog items
- ServiceNow Platform upgrade
- Works on and responsible for complex software applications research, development, conversion, and installation of ServiceNow Core (Out of the Box) and Custom applications (Digitizing business processes & Task automation)
- Work with business stakeholders to troubleshoot application and integration issues
- Development solutions for new ideas/demands and to non-recurring problems by analyzing, interpreting, and evaluating various precedents and data and conduct “walkthroughs” for proposed solutions to systems problems
- Development related activities/phases of multiple complex projects/initiatives in parallel to successfully delivering ITSM/IT Business Management (ITBM) and custom solutions to achieve organizational goals and improve efficiencies
- Leading technical development of additional module implementations within ServiceNow, including POC design, process modeling and gap analysis and mitigation
- Programming/scripting and/or reverse engineering of the following:
1) Angular JS/HTML/CSS/AJAX
2) Client Side and Server-Side Scripting
3) Business Rules, Script Includes, Client Scripts, UI Actions, Scheduled Jobs, ACLs, UI Scripts
This role is not fully remote, but the incumbent may adopt a hybrid schedule with supervisor approval.
If hired, the incumbent must be a resident of California or relocate within 4 weeks.
In addition to submitting your application, you MUST submit the Supplemental Questionnaire found here:
Applicants must complete the supplemental questionnaire prior to starting the online application process. Application will not be reviewed without completed supplemental questionnaire.
An associate degree in computer science or a closely related field from an accredited college or university OR its equivalent in terms of total course credits/units [i.e., at least sixty (60) semester or ninety (90) quarter credits/units with a minimum of twenty (20) semester or thirty (30) quarter credits/units in computer science or a closely-related field].
Five (5) years of experience in the information systems field, including system analysis, business process design, development and implementation of business application solutions for Enterprise Applications and IT project management.
Additional experience as described above may be substituted for the required degree on a year-for-year basis (up to a maximum of two (2) years). One (1) year is equivalent to thirty (30) semester units / forty-five (45) quarter units with a minimum of 10 semester / 15 quarter units in computer science or a closely related field.
About SAN FRANCISCO DEPARTMENT OF TECHNOLOGY
Why Work for the Department of Technology (DT)? DT is the centralized technology services provider in the City and County of San Francisco (CCSF). We deliver technology infrastructure and services to approximately 33,000 employees! With an annual operating budget of over $140M and approximately 260 employees, DT provides a host of services that range from Public Safety radio and wiring and Network services to Enterprise Support and the Cloud.
Benefits of Working for CCSF: In addition to challenging and rewarding work, the City provides a generous suite of benefits to its employees.
- Job security, pension, and robust retirement options
- Competitive pay with consistent bi-yearly or yearly increases
- Hybrid Work with a minimum of 20% of time spent in our office in San Francisco, California for all IT related roles
- Generous paid time off, family leave, and more!
- Diverse work environment in a diverse city
- Union protections and representation
- Career development and growth — move between departments, learn on the job, or take subsidized/reimbursed classes!
PEOPLE-CENTERED SOLUTIONS — have a powerful, meaningful effect on the community each day with people at the heart of every solution!
CLOSING THE DIGITAL DIVIDE — bring the benefits of the internet to low-income and marginalized residents!
SHINE A LIGHT ON WHAT MATTERS — join an award-winning production team at SFGovTV to help residents watch legislators or learn more about what makes this City great!
DRIVE INNOVATION — deliver new, cutting-edge technology to residents and city partners to help San Francisco serve its residents!