Senior Affordable Housing Analyst – ReStart Position
FHLB Dallas actively pursues dedicated and hardworking individuals to be a part of our professional team. Positions are offered on an as-needed basis for all departments. View our current opportunities by clicking the View Open Positions tab above.
Responsibilities include the evaluation, underwriting, selection and compliance of Affordable Housing Program (AHP) applications; technical assistance to member institutions and community organizations concerning the Affordable Housing Program as well as the Community Investment Program; review, analyze and process requests for grant funds from member institutions and community organizations and assist in preparation of departmental marketing materials. Ensure compliance of AHP projects to the program rules and regulations.
Our ReStart program is designed for women interested in returning to the workforce after taking a two or more year break. The ReStart program provides you with the opportunity to receive mentoring and training to learn new technologies and the latest developments in your chosen field, enabling you to smoothly reintegrate into the workforce while experiencing both personal and professional growth opportunities.
- Analyze AHP owner-occupied and set-aside program disbursement requests to ensure all required documentation is in compliance with AHP regulation and departmental policies and procedures. Make approval/denial recommendations for funding to AHP Manager.
- Participates in the analysis, review, and selection of Affordable Housing program applications.
- Provide technical assistance to member institutions, non-profit organizations and community/government leaders on the features and uses of the Affordable Housing Program.
- Interacts with other analysts on complex issues regarding applications, modifications or fundings.
- Analyze complex multi-family rental project disbursements to ensure project is viable for funding, as assigned.
- Review and approve HELP, SNAP and AHP owner-occupied disbursements request when designated.
- Perform the compliance review of AHP rental projects to ensure that AHP compliance requirements are being met. (Income targeting and rent compliance)
- Provide the management team with updates and status reports on project completion/modification, as assigned. Make recommendations concerning the continued viability of said projects.
- Analyze and review project status reports and other information to ensure that projects are in compliance with AHP regulations and departmental policies.
- Up to 10% travel required to participate in various speaking engagements and promotional appearances (local, state-wide, regional, or national).
- Develop a working knowledge of the Bank’s other products and services, especially those offered by the Community Investment Department.
- Develop and maintain knowledge of local, state, and national programs that are involved in affordable housing development; provide assistance and update policies and procedures to ensure effective administration of the Affordable Housing Program.
- Perform user acceptance and validation testing and maintenance of internal systems and applications. Ensure implementation is in compliance with department internal controls, policies and procedures, FHFA regulations and Bank policy.
- Participate in the planning and organizing of the AHP workshops and webinars.
- Perform regular and ad hoc activities in support of the operational needs of the department.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, Finance, Economics, Real Estate, Public Policy, Urban Planning. A master’s in public administration preferred.
- 4-6 years financial analysis and credit underwriting experience associated with commercial real estate/multi-family properties, housing development, commercial finance or other demonstrated affordable housing experience.
- Completion of major corporate bank credit training or equivalent experience.
- Excellent presentation, interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
- Advanced experience with PowerPoint, Excel and Word.
- Ability and flexibility to travel and/or make presentations at Bank and industry functions, workshop, conferences, etc.
- National Development Council or other comparable professional housing certification preferred.
About Federal Home Loan Bank of Dallas
The Federal Home Loan Bank of Dallas (FHLB Dallas) is a part of the Federal Home Loan Bank System, created by an Act of Congress and signed into law by President Herbert Hoover on July 22, 1932, to provide capital for mortgage funding during the Great Depression.
The System has 11 banks around the United States, serving as an affordable, flexible source of funding for some 7,000 financial institutions. FHLB Dallas is one of these 11 banks.