Youth To The People (YTTP) is looking to grow our multifaceted team. The Senior Accountant is responsible for preparing and maintaining financial records for the company. You will summarize and analyze financial data to be sure it is aligned with generally accepted accounting principles and is legally compliant. The ideal candidate is hungry for opportunity and growth, spirited and sharp.
- Prepares and records asset, liability, and revenue and expense entries by compiling and analyzing account information.
- Maintains and balances subsidiary accounts by verifying, allocating, posting and reconciling transactions and resolving discrepancies.
- Maintains the general ledger by transferring subsidiary accounts; prepares trial balance and reconciles entries.
- Summarizes financial status by collecting information; preparing balance sheets, profit and loss,and other statements.
- Completes audits by analyzing and scheduling general ledger accounts; provides information for auditors (when required).
- Reviews all financial statements for compliance to GAAP/GAAS and legal requirements.
- Protects an organization’s value by protecting financial information and confidentiality.
- Participates in and verifies that company’s financials are in line with section 404 of Sarbanes-Oxley Act.
- Other duties as assigned by management.
- Bachelor’s degree or above in accounting or related field is required
- At least 5 years of experience in financial accounting, SEC reporting/filing experience preferred
- Proficient in Google Suite and Microsoft Office Suite
- The ability to work independently, analyze business information and arrive at sound recommendations.
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to handle multiple activities with changing priorities simultaneously.
- Detail oriented individual with excellent level of accuracy and strong attention to detail.
- Motivated individual with proven ability to consistently function as a successful team contributor.
- Knowledge of finance, accounting and financial reporting including generally accepted accounting principles/generally accepted auditing standards
- Working knowledge of automated financial and accounting reporting systems and internal controls
- Ability to analyze financial data and prepare financial reports, statements and budgets
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excel in fast-paced, deadline-driven environment with ability to stay focused and calm
- Adept at balancing both short term and long-term priorities
About Youth To The People
Benefits and YTTP Culture
- This position is salaried and full-time
- YTTP is a lively group that values team bonding, enthusiasm, and free thinking. We’re open-minded and constantly collaborating.
- The YTTP culture is tight-knit, fast-moving, and fun. We’re family-owned, and our team is an extension of that family.
- We seek high performers, hard-workers and humble attitudes.