The VMware Ascent program provides career opportunities for people with differing backgrounds and skillsets. Whether you are a returning professional looking to relaunch your career after caregiving, a technical bootcamp graduate, a veteran transitioning into the workplace, or an individual with unparalleled perspective, we value your journey. You’ll work alongside diverse, innovative, and dynamic teams to create cutting-edge VMware products and technologies – all while developing new skills to advance your professional experience. Applicants are not limited to the locations listed. Candidates may apply from anywhere within the US. For more information on VMware Ascent, including program benefits, check out our website here.
Why would you enjoy this new opportunity?
The world is in the midst of a transformation. Enterprises across the globe are turning to software to change the way business is done. Today, in this device and application driven world, companies are laser-focused on empowering teams by tailoring their businesses to their employees’ digital behaviors. This is where we lead the way.
In VMware End User Computing (EUC), we run the world’s largest Digital Workspace Platform – Workspace ONE. We build solutions that customize, simplify, and automate the employees’ digital experience at work to help them achieve more. Workspace ONE provides every employee with the agility of being connected to the business from any device, on any Cloud, at any time. At the core of our business is our end-users; and everything we do is motivated around them and their experience.
What type of work will you be doing? What assignments, requirements, or skills will you be performing on a regular basis?
We are seeking an iOS Developer to be part of VMware End User Computing business unit working in Workspace ONE mobile application teams. Workspace ONE digital workspace platform provides end point management as well as productivity tools for mobile workforce. We are passionate about delivering high quality and secure products.
- You will take ownership of product quality, user experience, and security – every member of the team is responsible for delivering a best-in-class product that users love.
- Design, build, and test product features and components, while working with our security and UX teams to ensure that Workspace ONE apps are both secure and delightful to use.
- You will help maintain and improve our automated test suite and CI pipeline.
- You will participate in code reviews and design reviews for building a robust and scalable product that does not require rework.
- Play an active role in debugging and addressing critical product issues. Our product is critical to our customers, and every developer will cooperate with our support team to make sure our customer needs are met.
- In this role, you will be involved in coordinating work across teams, architects and other business units. This involves UI/UX, Security and Architecture teams. You will establish networks outside own area of expertise.
- You will proactively work on identifying issues and exercise judgment in selecting methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results. Perform analysis of complex tasks or situations that required in-depth evaluation of variable factors.
- Personal growth is important to our team. We want our team to be constantly learning and staying up to date with the latest iOS technologies, libraries, and frameworks. You will receive educational budget and time to continue to get better at your craft.
- Generate technical innovation ideas. Champion the culture of creativity and excellence through technical innovations and attention to quality and integrity.
Not seeing what you are looking for? Explore all of our jobs >>
You and your loved ones will be supported with a competitive and comprehensive benefits package. Below are some highlights, or you can view the complete benefits package by visiting www.benefits.vmware.com.
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Medical Coverage, Retirement, and Parental Leave Plans for All Family Types
- Generous Time Off Programs
- 40 hours of paid time to volunteer in your community
- Rethink’s Neurodiversity program to support parents raising children with learning or behavior challenges, or developmental disabilities
- Financial contributions to your ongoing development (conference participation, trainings, course work, etc.)
- Healthy and local inspired snacks in all our pantries
At VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our compute, cloud, mobility, networking and security offerings form a digital foundation that powers the apps, services and experiences that are transforming the world.
Since our founding over two decades ago, our 24,000+ employee community and ecosystem of 75,000 partners have been behind the technology innovations transforming entire industries – from banking, healthcare, and government to retail, telecommunications, manufacturing, and transportation.
Every day, we work to solve our customers’ toughest challenges through disruptive technologies like edge computing, artificial intelligence, blockchain, machine learning, Kubernetes and more – to define the digital foundation that will accelerate the next wave of innovation.