Do you love that feeling when the day flies by because you’ve been in the zone?
Do you prefer physical work to sitting at a desk?
Do you want to work some of the time but not all of the time?
Do your friends and family beg for your help when they’re moving?
This job might be a perfect fit for you!
Organizers will typically work on a team of two in a 7-hour daily shift, (9 am -4 pm) but some days may be longer and teams may be larger. Jobs are in NYC and the Tri-State Area and are not limited to: decluttering, organizing, move pack-ups, unpacks, and estate clear-outs.
The position is flexible in terms of when Organizers would like to work, but in general, availability of 3-4 days per week is preferred. Our team is composed of smart and efficient individuals with diverse qualifications who have 15+ years of experience running their own homes. Please visit our team bio page to learn more about our Organizers’ backgrounds and skill sets to see if you would be a good fit.
- Arrive promptly to jobs and communicate via iPhone to check in with co-team member(s) and our office with updates/job questions as needed
- Work closely and compassionately with clients to help with any or all of the following: decluttering, packing, unpacking, organizing, styling for listing or Instagram photographs
- Measure spaces for organizing solutions and make runs as needed to supply stores (The Container Store, Bed Bath and Beyond, etc.) or follow up with D&D Client Experience Manager post-job for client order requests
- Communicate on the day of the job as needed with Done & Done partners and/or office team on logistics (movers, JunkLuggers, The Real Real)
- Excellent attention to detail and organizational skills
- Can-do, flexible attitude, and ability to work well with all types of personalities
- Ability to demonstrate compassion and understanding with all clients
- Must remain calm under pressure and be non-judgemental
- Confidentiality on all jobs is required
- 15+ years of experience running your own home
- Must be able to lift up to 20 lbs and move light boxes
- Access to a computer for communication with operations team pre and post jobs
- Knowledge of The Container Store products is a plus
- Undergraduate degree
- Access to a car
Interested and qualified applicants should email resume (non-traditional resumes accepted) and a bit about yourself.
About Done and Done Home
Done & Done Home is a professional organizing and decluttering business. Whether getting ready to put your home on the market, managing an estate, preparing to move, or just in need of a thorough clear out – we handle it all.
There comes a time when even the most capable people need help organizing their homes. It could be a large and complicated move, an inherited estate, a desire to reduce overall clutter, or just a big and busy family life. This is where we come in.