Youth To The People (YTTP) is looking to grow our multifaceted team. We are looking for a highly efficient,
experienced, and goal-oriented Product Development Manager who thrives in a fast-paced startup
environment. Our ideal candidate will help develop, implement, and source product innovation. You are
responsible for product ideation and product implementation, as well as liaising with outside manufacturers
to commercialize products. The essential job duties, knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below are required.
- Act as a liaison with internal and external parties on matters relating to the procurement of new
product formulations, including international requirements and regulatory changes.
- Maintain a 3-year revolving Product Launch Calendar.
- Initiate the development of technology and ingredient formation. Screen outside opportunities
leveraging vendors and manufacturers R&D process capabilities to recommend new product
- Generate Product Development Profiles for all new products and line extensions as assigned.
- Work with formulators and Contract Manufacturing Organizations (CMO) in optimizing formula
- Working knowledge of formulation chemistry and ingredient functionality for topical skin care
(cosmetic and OTC), make-up, hair care and nutritional products.
- Recognize cost constraints that may impact ability to deliver desired products, i.e. identifying alternate
ingredients or suppliers.
- Practical knowledge and experience in product development, both consumer and product.
- Collaborate with cross functional teams with Package Development, Supply Chain, Regulatory,
Purchasing and Quality Assurance to ensure comprehensive formula management.
- Implement project tech transfer on existing R&D formulations
- Draft internal systems (guidance’s) to improve efficiency without impacting quality and/or GMPs.
- Adhere to company’s regulatory requirements on all products.
- Attend trade shows for new product development ideas and trend analysis.
- Meet regularly with raw material suppliers to review new technologies.
- Implement clinical efficacy trials (i.e. in-vitro, ex-vivo testing).
- Initiate pre-pilot R&D bulk stability testing.
- Keep a close finger on the pulse of the industry regarding evolving trends and the competitive
environment. Focus on “Clean” beauty
- Work independently and with team.
- Manage special product development projects as assigned by supervisor.
● Strong knowledge of formula sustainability and trends in the beauty industry to protect our
● Ability to work from office on a daily basis
● Ability to work overtime if required
● Excellent verbal and written communication skills, detail-oriented with excellent follow-through
abilities, ability to work in a fast-paced environment and efficiently work with vendors and internal
departments while prioritizing workload.
● Equipment Operation – Computer skills (Microsoft Office – Word, Excel, PowerPoint, E-mail),
● Travel – Domestic and International travel, up to 30%.
● Education – Required: Bachelor’s degree
● 6+ year’s industry experience in Product Development and Management
● Technical expertise and aesthetic sense for all cosmetic and skincare
● Strong vendor relationships.
● Broad knowledge of cosmetic manufacturing with all related expertise (i.e.) prerequisites to approve
contract vendor use, cost of goods development, filling lines, packaging, MRP systems, inventory
control, FDA Certification requirements, and worldwide regulations.
About Youth To The People
Benefits and YTTP Culture
● This position is salaried and full-time.
● YTTP is a lively group that values team bonding, enthusiasm, and free thinking. We’re open-minded
and constantly collaborating.
● The YTTP culture is tight-knit, fast-moving, and fun. We’re family-owned, and our team is an
extension of that family.
● We seek high performers, hard-workers and humble attitudes.