Ginger’s User Experience team is seeking a Product Designer to help shape the next generation of our collaborative-care platform and member products. Your primary focus will be supporting the research and design of tools used by our behavioral health coaches, clinicians, and member support teams who work to provide Ginger Members with outstanding mental health care. You’ll also have the opportunity to work on our member facing app – designing innovative experiences around how members receive and share information with their care teams. We are looking for design leaders that are passionate about understanding user needs and crafting exceptional products.
As a member of the UX team, you’ll work on a close-knit team of product managers, engineers, data scientists, marketers, and users involved in the end-to-end design process from research and ideation to implementation and iteration. You’ll also be part of a growing UX/Product Design team focused on continual learning and sharing of best practices.
- Create and deliver design solutions that meet project goals and result in positive company metrics/end-user outcomes
- Interact directly with users and key stakeholders; building relationships to understand how to support their core needs/workflows and translate them into actionable solutions
- Plan, lead, and execute user research, both exploratory and evaluative
- Visually express system-views of customer experience workflows, pinpointing areas for improvement and operational overlap
- Leverage data science and sensor data to personalize care, improve care specialists’ understanding of a member’s mental state, and simplify workflows
- Creatively solve challenging problems through prototyping and testing of concepts/designs with users
- Craft user workflow diagrams, prototypes, wireframes and high fidelity designs
- Collaborate with product and brand designers across the company to define UX principles and UI patterns
- Contribute to the creation and evolution of our design system, ensuring visual cohesion and engineering efficiency
- Foster team growth and learning by contributing to collective knowledge sharing and building out design processes
- An outstanding online portfolio, showcasing in-depth knowledge of user experience, IA, interaction, and visual/user interface design (internal tool design experience is a big plus)
- Ability to present your ideas clearly, receive feedback with open-mindedness, and get buy-in on ideas
- Experience in user research tools and methodologies and the ability to translate insights into action
- Experience designing and shipping successful, elegant whole app feature-level experiences
- Experience planning and facilitating workshop and co-creation sessions
- A high degree of creativity, empathy, and teamwork abilities
- 5+ years of professional work experience in an individual contributor role, on a Product Design team
- B.A/B.S. in Graphic Design, Human-Computer Interaction, Product Design or a related field/equivalent experience
- Proficiency in Figma, Adobe Creative Suite, responsive/HTML/CSS design
- Experience translating machine learning insights and/or sensor data into streamlined user experiences
- Experience with A/B testing and use of data analysis frameworks
- Experience in the health and wellness space
Our Mission: We’re reinventing mental health care by coupling data science and virtual delivery to provide immediate, personal support for anyone.
Our Vision: A world where mental health is never an obstacle.
Our Values: At Ginger, our values guide the decisions we make across our business, product, and care model. It’s not only what we’re doing that’s important, but how we’re doing it. Being aligned on our values steers us towards success in our mission. We make sure to emphasize the importance of understanding and practicing our values, because each one is an essential piece of who we are and what we do.