The Principal Role
Neptune People’s Principal role is a key member of the executive search team. The Principal represents Neptune People and our clients in the marketplace and is responsible for driving the candidate pipeline, managing our research team, initial assessment of candidates and conveying search metrics to our clients.
The Principal should expect to spend 10-20 hours per week, per search on the below responsibilities. Please include a resume & short cover letter as to why you are interested in the position.
- Upon receiving a search lead, the Principal will support the Partners in creating the Discovery Doc including researching the prospective client and finding ideal sample profiles to showcase to client.
- The Principal works with Partners to prepare for the initial kickoff meeting after search is won. This includes compiling a short list of calibration candidates, target companies etc.
Calibration & Outreach
- The Principal will work with Partners & Research team to develop a research strategy.
- Principal works closely with Researcher, providing feedback on sourced candidates until Principal feels Researcher is aligned with target profile
- The Principal works with Partners to create a compelling outreach/pitch template that will be customized to each individual executive candidate.
- Principal enters the market, reaching out to candidates by email or Linked In to generate interest.
- After compiling a list of criteria with client & partners, the principal will assess each potential candidate during a thirty minute intro call. If a candidate meets the defined criteria, the Principal will introduce the Partners.
- After partner review, the Principal helps to prepare candidate writeup & notes to provide to the client.
- The Principal takes the lead on keeping all client agendas updated with current pipeline metrics & candidates in process. Principal attends each client’s weekly meeting.
Prior experience in recruiting
Availability to work 10-20 hours per week (or more if preferred)
About Neptune People
Neptune People is a boutique executive search firm focused on leadership searches for people & talent. We work with growing companies to hire the best people & talent executives in the industry.
We are a globally diverse, fully remote team offering unlimited PTO, and truly flexible work hours. We are predominantly female and pride ourselves on being a family-friendly company. All employees are contractors.
Brittany has been working with high-growth tech startups since 2014, when she was hired at Headspace as their first onsite recruiter. She successfully hired 25+ team members over a period of eight months prior to the company raising their Series A. Since then she has focused on helping growing companies both in the US & abroad make their most critical hires, including over a dozen People executives for startups. Brittany has a BA in English literature from the University of California Los Angeles, and a Master of Arts in International Relations from the University of Chicago
Former VP of Recruiting and E-team member at Instacart (direct report to CEO of $8B hyper-growth startup), Recruiting Director at Uber supporting COO Ryan Graves, Recruiting Director for Salesforce (all of Japan), and Exec Search for Apple. Launched, built, and exited from a recruiting firm in Tokyo. Managed teams of 50+. Active advisor in PeopleTech Partners and LP in , an HR-tech focused strategic venture capital fund. Michael has a BA in East Asian Languages and Civilizations from the University of Chicago and an MBA from Chicago Booth, and received his coaching training from Berkeley Executive Coaching Institute.