The Chamber is in need of a dynamic and well-rounded .NET developer to be part of our small but very capable in-house IT team. As a member of the IT team, the candidate will be expected to be a thought and innovation leader who continuously evaluates the Chamber best practices and portfolio to reduce complexity and risks, increase integration and collaboration, and enhance the user experience. The candidate must be a team player and capable of working with a broad array of business users. The projects the candidate may participate in include full website redesigns, SaaS-based application deployments, custom application development, and other web-centric initiatives to help the Chamber work more efficiently, innovate faster, and deliver new and enhanced products and services to our internal staff and external members.
- Translate application requirements and use cases into functional applications.
- Ensure the best possible performance, quality, and responsiveness of applications.
- Identify bottlenecks and bugs, and devise solutions to mitigate and address these issues (usually surfaced in the form of Help Desk tickets).
- Identify areas of the business that are good candidates for efficiency and business process improvement through application development.
- Provide supplemental support services to desktop support and server initiatives as necessary.
- Maintain & update Intranet applications to help reduce employee labor and complexity of processes.
- Maintain & update website to be user friendly, helpful to staff, and dynamic.
- Develop internal and external web-based applications conforming to industry best practices.
- Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 5+ years’ experience developing and deploying web based applications in a project focused team environment.
- Significant experience in full stack development from ideation to spec.
- UI implementation and backend development.
- Experience with Microsoft SQL and database design principles is expected.
- Architecting scalable systems along with creating and using RESTful APIs will be common tasks.
- Energetic, “hand-on” and adaptable.
About The Chamber of Commerce for Greater Philadelphia
The Chamber brings area businesses and civic leaders together to promote growth and create opportunity in our region. We support our members with practical, inspiring programs, resources, and events. All that we do serves one clear, bold goal: to make Greater Philadelphia a great place for good business.
The Chamber provides all the benefits of working for a mid-size business combined with the values and mission focus of a nonprofit. As part of a leading organization in the region’s business community, team members have access to a wide array of resources, connections, and opportunities throughout their career with the Chamber. With 50+ employees, the Chamber is right-sized for new team members to have the support of their talented colleagues, opportunities to lead, and room for personal and professional growth. The Chamber offers its employees a dynamic, fast-paced environment with competitive salaries and an excellent benefits package. Learn more about Chamber culture and benefits.
The Chamber is currently working 100% remotely. On November 1, the Chamber will transition to a hybrid work environment that allows for a flexible work schedule. Once we re-enter our offices, this individual will work in a typical office environment. On a standard work day, the majority of time is spent sitting at a desk, using the computer and speaking on the phone. However, at times, this role will be required to attend Chamber events or related outside meetings/events on behalf of the Chamber. These meetings/events may take place outside of regular business hours and outside of center city Philadelphia.
Please note that the Chamber requires all employees to be fully vaccinated against Covid-19.
The Chamber of Commerce for Greater Philadelphia is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to building a culturally diverse staff. We strongly encourage applications from candidates of all backgrounds.