We are looking for a highly efficient, experienced, and goal-oriented Marketing Manager who thrives in a fast-paced startup environment. Our ideal candidate will help drive Youth To The People’s product marketing, social media platforms, and creator and influencer strategies and projects. This includes: crafting product marketing messages to support sell-in and sell-through, conducting ongoing competitive and product analysis to drive business priorities, and working cross-functionally with social and editorial teams to build our community.
- Collaborate with Founders, Director of Marketing, Director of Education, Editorial and Social teams to build our product, social, and community marketing
- Develop product positioning and marketing messages for new product launches; identify key features and benefits, performance targets, and coordinate consumer studies for claims development/substantiation
- Partner with copywriter on product naming, positioning and marketing messages
- Partner with email and digital marketing team for product marketing alignment
- Create strategic presentation materials for internal, retail partner, and creator/ influencer meetings including new product launch one sheets and decks, product profiles, comps, etc.
- Support new product development as it pertains to formulation
- Drives consumer marketing plans and prioritization within the Go-to-Market process, balancing global, regional and channel needs.
- Collect and analyze industry and sell-through trends, category shifts, COG changes and recommend shifts as needed.
- Collect and analyze product conversations in social media channels along with first hand feedback from creators
- Work collaboratively with social media and editorial teams to build our community strategy
- Conduct competitive research to gain insights on product positioning, pricing
- Conduct consumer surveys to gather data on product performance, consumer behavior, packaging preferences
- Position requires 5+ years of marketing in the beauty industry
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills; able to handle multiple priorities
- Ability to be flexible and agile with constant changes and time restraints
- Team player mentality with an entrepreneurial spirit
- A passion to learn about technical elements of product development including production, factories and machinery and cosmetic chemistry
- Experience working in smaller, high-growth beauty companies is a plus
About Youth To The People
Benefits and YTTP Culture
- This position is salaried and full-time
- This position reports to the Director of Marketing
- YTTP culture is nimble and fun. We’re a small team and we’re a family-owned company. We tell jokes around here, we collaborate constantly, and we wear many hats.
- The daily joy of working with people that are positive, hungry, humble, and smart – we cater to high performers and nice people.
- Challenging, inspiring and non-stop challenges to solve
- This location is in Los Angeles, those that apply must be eligible to work in the United States.